Tactical Buddhist's Language Log (Spanish & Norwegian)

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
tactical_buddhist
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (B2ish), Norwegian (A1)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... p?p=180557

Tactical Buddhist's Language Log (Spanish & Norwegian)

Postby tactical_buddhist » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:07 pm

I guess I should probably start one of these to keep me honest and track my 2021 goals and production.

Goals this year:

A) Improve my B1 in Spanish and bring it back up to C1

I studied abroad 2 semesters back in college (Mexico and Venezuela). I have tried to maintain my Spanish (it was at a B2 level for years) and even started taking 2 trips to Latin America every year for language classes but COVID is preventing that. I was in Ecuador in February and got COVID which prevented me from taking classes while I was there so I need to be much more focused this year as I don't have the trips to motivate me.

Methods:
1) Pick a verb form and write 20 sentences a day (i.e. future indicative)
2) Read news articles from Deutsche Welle and write down any words I don't know for future study
3) Work through 'The Ultimate Spanish Review and Practice' book
4) ???

At least 30 minutes a day

B) Resume Norwegian and get it to B1

My level now is A1 but I am not a complete beginner. I have family in Norway and I studied it a bit as a kid. I don't remember much but I am hoping that my accent is pretty decent seeing that exposure of the language was at the ripe age of 8. I went to Norway when I was in high school and when I spoke, I was asked if I was from Denmark (not the States so I take that as a compliment).

Methods:
1) Clozemaster
2) Duolingo
3) AnkiDroid
4) The Mystery of Nils.

At least 30 minutes a day
6 x

Return to “Language logs”