I'm planning to be a rebel this year, with a word count goal less than the official 50,000 words… because I'm going to write in one of target languages!
Who else wants to join me? NaNo is great because of the community, so I'm hoping someone other folks will be interested in trying this audacious thing.
|Arthaey||Spanish||"Los que nos quedamos"|
(We Who Stayed)
(5k in Swedish)
(Afterglow: A Busan Ghost Story)
|rdearman||French||"The Isle of Salt Root"||comedy adventure||log|
- No Plot? No Problem, by Chris Baty. The classic book that started it all. Advice & motivation, broken down by common "emotional milestones" of writing a novel in a month. [English]
- Writing Excuses, a podcast on writing advice in its 13th season. Each episode is 15 minutes long. I always end up with good ideas after listening. [English]
- Objetivo NaNoWriMo, a YouTube playlist of 31 short videos on writing tips. [Spanish]
- Save the Cat, a book on story beats. [English]
- Pacemaker, a website for detailed tracking goals vs a schedule. Useful if you want more control than the official NaNo stats page gives you.