Super Challenge registration thread

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish+ (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German+, Italian+
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian, Czech; Romanian+, Galician; Danish, Swedish
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Chaucer's English
+ means exploring the dialects/variants

Re: Super Challenge registration thread

Postby Serpent » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:18 am

Tamarind wrote:Is it possible to do a double challenge for watching and half a challenge for reading? Or do the watching and reading challenges have to match up? And can I change that now?
Sorry I missed this. The bot can't handle combinations like those you mentioned (but you get a bronze star for completing a half challenge in both, and some extra stars for the movies).
To change your challenge just post your updated info like IronMike did on the previous page. You can list your actual goals in the Comments: line.
0 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

James.A.
White Belt
Languages: Greek (N), English (C1), French (B2), Russian (A1), Spanish (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9269

Postby James.A. » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Hello everybody!

I have completed the Challenge! I don't if that's the appropriate place to post this, but I'm really proud of myself. It was a wonderful experience and it really pushed my level of French! Thanks to the community that gave me the opportunity to participate! (look at me reacting like I have received an Oscar, lol!) It was just wonderful! I'm looking forward to doing the same for Spanish next year!
Good luck to everyone!
6 x
Super Challenge: French
100 films : 108 / 100 (108/100)
100 books : 104 / 100 (104/100)

Russian:
Assimil : 65 / 100 (65/100)

German:
Assimil : 19 / 100 (19/100)

Bex
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7387

Postby Bex » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:46 pm

James.A. wrote:Hello everybody!

I have completed the Challenge! I don't if that's the appropriate place to post this, but I'm really proud of myself. It was a wonderful experience and it really pushed my level of French! Thanks to the community that gave me the opportunity to participate! (look at me reacting like I have received an Oscar, lol!) It was just wonderful! I'm looking forward to doing the same for Spanish next year!
Good luck to everyone!

Well done & congratulations!!!
Definitely better than an Oscar...I'll be shouting it from the rooftops when/if I get there :lol:
0 x
SC 2018/19: Spanish
100 books: 80 / 100
100 films. : 85 / 100

FSI Basic Spanish:
Vol 1 - 01-15: 15 / 15 :D
Vol 2 - 16-30: 4 / 15

Return to “Language Challenges”