Team Me: Foxing Around

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Re: Team Me: Foxing Around

Postby reineke » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:10 pm

So I have been using Netflix to watch bad TV. All that media consumption occurred in the second half of 2019 so I am doing this backwards. In December I lowered my digital footprint. I also watched a bunch of Mosfilm...films and some miniseries and I finished Burroughs ' Mars novels. Right before that I ran into a Polish crime series featuring a guy wearing a mohawk. In 2019 I "finished" several S. Kong* novels in Polish and Russian. I may have finished one in Portuguese.

*King. Sigh. This does remind me that in 2019 I did some writing. I did not "practice " writing (eww) - I simply wrote to people. While I still have to find that soulmate or the perfect forum it was an interesting experience.

Between October and January I upgraded some overseas property. In the process I found out that the local workmen are either MIA or unavailable so I mostly used unskilled "foreigners". I had to do everything twice with varying degrees of success. Ok, everything was pretty much done wrong. All I have to say is that the people sitting behind Home Depot stores across the US are a national treasure. I don't think I watched much Netflix while this was going on or in the first half of '19. Last summer I was busy dealing with my mother's medical problems and other heavy stuff. While this was going on I regularly listened to the audio files on my phone. If I used "life" as an excuse I would never have learned anything. I finished the Gulag Archipelago and I bit off some serious chunks from Gibbon's book. I used the phone as a sort of a juke box in the sense that I mostly listened to bits and pieces of novels, short stories, some (approachable) philosophy and of course music. I am now going to reminisce at a special place. I will probably listen to something in one of my languages.
10 x

Carmody
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N)
French (B1)
Language Log: http://tinyurl.com/zot7wrs

Postby Carmody » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:03 pm

If I used "life" as an excuse I would never have learned anything.

Brilliant!

Thank you!!
2 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:54 pm

I went for a walk today a little beyond my "special" place to another such place to catch some fresh air and ponder the sunset. As I was making my way towards the drawbridge and trying to breathe with full lungs (while listening to this) I had an oh sh... moment when I realized I was surrounded by a large group of Chinese tourists.

In other news I joined the 6WC late and was dropping on it like a furry version of major Kusanagi but while the mission target stated "Japanese" all my ammo was spent on blue, white and red. So I turned on my invisibility cloak.
2 x

Return to “Language logs”