Esperanto Study Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
embici
White Belt
Languages: English (N) French (B2) Spanish (C1) Greek (A2)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5175

Re: Esperanto Study Group

Postby embici » Fri May 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Gordafarin2 wrote:Saluton al cxiuj. Vi volas sciigi vin ke estas multege da retaj renkontigxoj nuntempe, "dank'" al koronviruso.

Indeed and thank you for that link!

If some of you are like me and have always been interested in Esperanto but not quite enough to do a summer school abroad, it's now possible to do online.

NASK 2020 will take place online via Zoom. Courses will run from June 29th to July 3rd and from July 6 – 10: https://nask.esperanto-usa.org/venonta/

SES will take place from the 18th to the 26th of July 2020: https://ses.ikso.net/2020/en/
2 x

Karen
Languages: English and Esperanto

Postby Karen » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:59 pm

I would like everyone to know about a beautiful play by Oxford Esperantist Marjorie Boulton, At the Waters of Oblivion, and a side by side translation done by Pierre Ullman and available very inexpensively on Amazon. It's a beautiful love story.
1 x

IronMike
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Studying: BCS, Middle Egyptian
Maintaining: Russian, Esperanto
Tested:
Russian, 3/3 (DLPT5, 2022) 2+ (OPI, 2022)
German, 2L/1+R (DLPT5, 2021)
Italian, 1L/2R (DLPT IV, 2019)
Esperanto, C1 (KER skriba ekzameno, 2017)
BCS, 3L/2+R/2S (DLPT IV in, oh God, 1999!)
Slovene, 2+L/3R (DLPT II in, yes, 1999)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5189

Postby IronMike » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:10 am

I'm attending the North American Summer Course this year and was searching to see if the KER exams would be given. I took the skriba exam in 2017 in Moscow, covering reading and writing, and would love to take the parola version, covering listening and speaking, while I'm down there in North Carolina immersing myself in Esperanto.

While searching, I noticed this: They not only have been working on a C2 exam in Esperanto, but they'll have it on offer at the Universala Kongreso this summer in Montreal! Information here.

4 x
You're not a C1 (or B1 or whatever) if you haven't tested.
CEFR --> ILR/DLPT equivalencies
My swimming life.
My reading life.

Return to “Study Groups”