Taking the Spanish DELE C2 exam - Part 6 - Results

Ask specific questions about your target languages. Beginner questions welcome!
s_allard
Blue Belt
Languages: French (N), English (N), Spanish (C2 Cert.), German (B2 Cert)

Taking the Spanish DELE C2 exam - Part 6 - Results

Postby s_allard » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 pm

Today I got the results of the DELE C2 test that I took in November. At the bottom of the form in big letters was the word APTO that I wanted to see. So, it's all over. The detailed results are:

Prueba 1 Uso de la lengua, comprensión de lectura y auditiva: 25.4 / 33.33
Prueba 2 Destrezas integradas: comprensión auditiva, comprensión de lectura y expresión e interacción escritas: 21.11 / 33.33
Prueba 3 Destrezas integradas: comprensión de lectura y expresión e interacción orales: 20 / 33.33

These results are not the greatest. I thought my speaking skills (prueba 3) were the strongest and writing (prueba 2) were the weakest but I`ll take them. Now on to German B2.
26 x

s_allard
Blue Belt
Languages: French (N), English (N), Spanish (C2 Cert.), German (B2 Cert)

Re: Taking the Spanish DELE C2 exam - Part 7 - Results

Postby s_allard » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Tom wrote:Congratulations on passing. If you don't mind me asking, what methods did you use to achieve such an advanced level of Spanish?

Thanks for the congrats. It would be too long and boring to detail the whole process that led up to the exam. I've had a love affair with Spanish for many, many years. I also think I was stuck in a sort of intermediate level rut forever until a couple of years ago when I made a number of decisions:

1. I had became interested in polyglottery and joined the old HTLAL forum. So I figured out that if I was going to learn other languages I had to get Spanish out of the way. I set my sights on the DELE C2 because it was the highest level of official recognition outside of the traditional academic system.

2. Since I'm a language teacher myself and a firm proponent of certain ideas about how to learn languages I decided to do as I always said. The first step was to hit the books and all the fabulous reference material on the web.

3. A big factor in developing oral comprehension was systematically and intensively listening to recordings of various programs from the web. In some cases I would put some clips into Audacity and listen to them over and over again.

4. I used paper flashcards and some Anki with whole sentences for specific subjects like the imperfect of the subjunctive.

5. I think the biggest boost in proficiency came from working with a Mexican tutor for a year and a half over Skype. One of the things I had to do was write a real letter to a Cuban friend more or less every week. Before sending off the letter, the tutor and I would make the necessary corrections and discuss points of grammar and vocabulary. It was great to see the improvement week after week.

This experience is what led me to believe that constructive feedback is one of the most effective factors in developing productive skills.

I should also point out that the tutor was very helpful with understanding the recordings when I just couldn't figure out what was being said.

Hope all of this was useful.
Last edited by s_allard on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
14 x

smallwhite
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: Cantonese;
Good: English, French, Spanish, Italian;
Mediocre: Mandarin, German, Swedish, Dutch.

Re: Taking the Spanish DELE C2 exam - Part 6 - Results

Postby smallwhite » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:41 pm

5 x
Dialang or it didn't happen.

Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Postby Spoonary » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:12 pm

¡Enhorabuena! What an achievement! :)

I have had similar feelings about Spanish. Even though I got my Spanish degree and was very happy with my results, I still can't let myself focus on any other language without getting my Spanish... not 'out of the way' as such, but to a level where I can say yes, I've done that now, and move on. I doubt that will ever happen though :lol:
1 x

NoManches
Blue Belt
Languages: English - (N)
Spanish - B2 +
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7942

Postby NoManches » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:51 pm

I'm a few months late.....but congratulations!! I found this thread while searching for anything related to the C1 exam which I plan on taking.

I think a lot of your observations and advice will apply to the C1 exam. Thanks again for taking the time to make these posts!
0 x
DOUBLE Super Challenge
Spanish Movies
: 10795 / 18000

Spanish Books
: 4415 / 10000

Return to “Practical Questions and Advice”