LLorg Portland 2017

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
Ani
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), speaks French, Russian & Icelandic (beginner)

Re: LLorg Portland 2017

Postby Ani » Tue May 30, 2017 8:36 am

I'd love to meet you guys. I don't see myself getting to Portland this year but I will be leaving my wintery ice palace mid-October for FL, and then driving up the east coast to NY/NJ/PA for Thanksgiving. If that puts me in range to grab a cup of coffee with anyone, I am interested.
1 x
But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

senorsmile
Languages: N - English
B2 - Spanish, Hebrew
A2 - Dutch, Latin, French, Japanese
A1 - Russian, Mandarin

Postby senorsmile » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:39 am

I'm mostly a lurker, having only posted a couple of things form the entire last decade on HTLAL.

I would love to have attend if I am able. I am south of Seattle, so I should be able to make Portland work.

I am OK with almost all of the activities, but would probably get my own hotel room as the family would be coming down at the same time.
2 x

Xenops
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Danish (A2), Japanese (rusty), Nansha (constructing)
On break: Japanese (approx. N4), Norwegian (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797

Postby Xenops » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:52 am

Ani wrote:I'd love to meet you guys. I don't see myself getting to Portland this year but I will be leaving my wintery ice palace mid-October for FL, and then driving up the east coast to NY/NJ/PA for Thanksgiving. If that puts me in range to grab a cup of coffee with anyone, I am interested.

I have good news and bad news: the good news is I found a job in Boston, and I'm moving over there. :D The bad news is...Well, probably won't make it to the Portland gathering. Maybe there can be an East Coast and a West Coast gathering?
2 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

Systematiker
Blue Belt
Languages: ENG (N); DEU (C2+) // SWG (~C1); BAR (~C1); SPA (4/3); FRA (~C1); SCO (~C1); NLD (~B2*); LAT (Latinum Bavaricum); GRC (Graecum Bavaricum); CAT (~B2*); POR (~B2*); SWE (~B2*); HBO (Hebraicum); DAN (~B1*); RUS (~A2); KOR (~A1); FAS (still a raw beginner)
*Averaged for high receptive skill
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7332

Postby Systematiker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Xenops wrote:
Ani wrote:I'd love to meet you guys. I don't see myself getting to Portland this year but I will be leaving my wintery ice palace mid-October for FL, and then driving up the east coast to NY/NJ/PA for Thanksgiving. If that puts me in range to grab a cup of coffee with anyone, I am interested.

I have good news and bad news: the good news is I found a job in Boston, and I'm moving over there. :D The bad news is...Well, probably won't make it to the Portland gathering. Maybe there can be an East Coast and a West Coast gathering?

This, along with a change of date (pre-Thanksgiving November? PA?) would make it once again possible that I'll be involved
2 x

Ani
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), speaks French, Russian & Icelandic (beginner)

Postby Ani » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:56 am

Systematiker wrote:
Xenops wrote:

This, along with a change of date (pre-Thanksgiving November? PA?) would make it once again possible that I'll be involved

Well this is interesting! Pre-Thanksgiving in PA sounds very possible for me. It is hard to commit at this exact time -- I had no idea I'd be in Oregon this year but there I was last week. I'm still pretty certain I'll be having Thanksgiving in NJ, but there is a chance I'll be temporarily moving to FL for the last few months of the year, or a more remote part of Alaska. Lets keep this idea floating around!
1 x
But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

aokoye
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), German (~C1), French (Intermediate), Japanese (N4), Swedish (beginner), Dutch (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19262

Postby aokoye » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:22 am

I definitely can't make it to the East coast this year but that shouldn't stop anyone.
1 x
Prefered gender pronouns: Masculine

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”