What do I dislike about the Russian language and Russian natives most as a native?

Practice your target languages here.
Ольга
Green Belt
Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Portuguese
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6206

What do I dislike about the Russian language and Russian natives most as a native?

Postby Ольга » Mon May 08, 2017 7:12 am

I hate when Russian natives, experienced teachers, who are highly respected, speak and write with mistakes in simple Russian words... Oh! How ugly it looks like. For example, I know one famous forum which is for Russian teachers of English. All these teachers are arrogant, bossy, and look down on students and undergraduates, who are just beginning to study how to teach English. But all of these experienced teachers are so illiterate in their mother-tongue! Oh, what a shame. Such mistakes, like «нету», «получаеться», which they are doubling from message to message. How can one teach a foreign language, if they don't know their native language?
4 x
Output Challenge 2018
Hours of Recorded Speech: 0 / 50
Words: 4732 / 50000

garyb
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native: English
Advanced: Italian, French
Intermediate: Spanish
Beginner: German, Japanese
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1855

Re: What do I dislike about the Russian language and Russian natives most as a native?

Postby garyb » Mon May 08, 2017 7:56 am

Is there any language of which many native speakers, including educated ones, don't make lots of simple mistakes in writing?
6 x

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Re: What do I dislike about the Russian language and Russian natives most as a native?

Postby Serpent » Mon May 08, 2017 8:47 am

-ться is cringeworthy but i don't see what's wrong with нету, it's just colloquial...
7 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

Ezy Ryder
Orange Belt
Languages: PL (rusting Native)
EN (Advanced)
中文 (Lower Intermediate)
日本語 (Beginner, not studying)
台語 (Dabbling)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=1164

Postby Ezy Ryder » Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 am

Ольга wrote:How can one teach a foreign language, if they don't know their native language?

I suppose that's an exaggeration? Spelling mistakes are not the same as not speaking a language; and more importantly, one doesn't need to be proficient in their L1(s) teach their L2(s)...
7 x
阿波
: 1250 / 1000010k SRS Challenge :
: 3750 / 48084,808 漢字 (handwriting) :

BalancingAct
Orange Belt
Languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, English (Prof.), French (Adv. - Prof.), Italian (Adv.), German (Adv. receptive), Spanish (Int. receptive)

Postby BalancingAct » Mon May 08, 2017 12:08 pm

I saw one in another forum. He is old and likes to emphasize that he has over twenty years of English teaching experience when arguing with others. It is all the more embarrassing with the amount of mistakes he regularly makes in his posts. Didn't master basic grammar, thus keeps making the same mistakes.
3 x

Ольга
Green Belt

Postby Ольга » Mon May 08, 2017 2:27 pm

BalancingAct wrote:I saw one in another forum. He is old and likes to emphasize that he has over twenty years of English teaching experience when arguing with others. It is all the more embarrassing with the amount of mistakes he regularly makes in his posts. Didn't master basic grammar, thus keeps making the same mistakes.

Yes, it is what irritates me too much. These teachers are so proud of themselves, behave like kings and queens of the profession. :mrgreen:
I think this topic is more like chit-chat, however, I am utterly convinced that if your native language is not of a Proficient level, you will never know the other language better. It looks like a dependency, is not it?
2 x
Output Challenge 2018

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: NL, EN
Professional: ES, RU
Speak well: DE, FR, RO, EO, SV
Speak reasonably: IT, ZH, PT, NO, EL, CZ
Need improvement: PO, IS, HE, JP, KO, HU, FI
Passive: AF, DK, LAT
Dabbled in: BRT, ZH (SH), BG, EUS, ZH (CAN), and a whole lot more.
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... PN=1&TPN=1

Postby tarvos » Mon May 08, 2017 2:56 pm

I was going to say, of all the things you could pick on, нету is the one you choose?

Now, if я хатела писать как албански чловек, я думаю, чо вы правы, но я даже ни умею нармальна писать ни на других языках. Разумееться, чо мы далбанутые
6 x
I hope your world is kind.

Is a girl.

Ольга
Green Belt

Postby Ольга » Mon May 08, 2017 3:01 pm

:mrgreen: Any teacher should be ideal!
No way any "канешн, бро", "симпотный" (it looks like потный), "нравиться", "извените" (it looks like вены).
1 x
Output Challenge 2018

aaleks
Blue Belt
Languages: Russian (N)

Postby aaleks » Mon May 08, 2017 3:26 pm

tarvos wrote:I was going to say, of all the things you could pick on, нету is the one you choose?

Now, if я хатела писать как албански чловек, я думаю, чо вы правы, но я даже ни умею нармальна писать ни на других языках. Разумееться, чо мы далбанутые

Thank you! It's great! :D
Честно говоря, это вынос мозга просто :lol: Я даже не знаю смогла бы я сама что-то подобное на русском, т.е. русско-олбанском, написать :D
Sorry for Russian :)
1 x

aokoye
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N), German (~C1), French (Intermediate), Japanese (N4), Swedish (beginner), Dutch (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19262

Postby aokoye » Mon May 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Ольга wrote:I hate when Russian natives, experienced teachers, who are highly respected, speak and write with mistakes in simple Russian words... Oh! How ugly it looks like. For example, I know one famous forum which is for Russian teachers of English. All these teachers are arrogant, bossy, and look down on students and undergraduates, who are just beginning to study how to teach English. But all of these experienced teachers are so illiterate in their mother-tongue! Oh, what a shame. Such mistakes, like «нету», «получаеться», which they are doubling from message to message. How can one teach a foreign language, if they don't know their native language?

The number of presuppositions in this post is terrifying. Needless to say, I hope that you never, ever, make mistakes in your Russian (or whatever your L1 is, I'm assuming Russian but I could be wrong). Actually no, I hope that you do, because otherwise you wouldn't be human.
8 x
Prefered gender pronouns: Masculine

Return to “Multilingual Room”