Excellent MOOC in Dutch

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
tommus
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B2), Dutch (B2)

Excellent MOOC in Dutch

Postby tommus » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:52 pm

What looks like an excellent MOOC just started. It is a FutureLearn MOOC, given by the Rijksuniversiteit Groningen.

The subject is: Inleiding Nederlands Recht (Introduction to Dutch law). I have worked through part of Week 1 and I am impressed. The videos are excellent, with very clear Dutch audio and full, exact transcripts.

The subject material is of general interest and should provide excellent vocabulary, sentences and situations.
Week 1: What is the law?
Week 2: Constitutional law
Week 3: Civil law
Week 4: Administrative law
Week 5: Criminal law

The material seems to be very accessible. So far, no legalese and unfathomable detail. There seems to be a whole lot of material including videos, text and quizzes. And very important for language learning, there is already a whole lot of discussion and participation in the Course Forum.

I would be very interested in having some discussions here, in English and in Dutch, with others who decide to follow this course, as we work through the course.

Check out the course and join
4 x
Dutch: 01 September -> 31 December 2020
Watch 1000 Dutch TV Series Videos : 40 / 1000

Tomás
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N). Currently studying Spanish (intermediate), French (false beginner).

Re: Excellent MOOC in Dutch

Postby Tomás » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:44 pm

tommus wrote:What looks like an excellent MOOC just started. It is a FutureLearn MOOC, given by the Rijksuniversiteit Groningen.

The subject is: Inleiding Nederlands Recht (Introduction to Dutch law). I have worked through part of Week 1 and I am impressed. The videos are excellent, with very clear Dutch audio and full, exact transcripts.

The subject material is of general interest and should provide excellent vocabulary, sentences and situations.
Week 1: What is the law?
Week 2: Constitutional law
Week 3: Civil law
Week 4: Administrative law
Week 5: Criminal law

The material seems to be very accessible. So far, no legalese and unfathomable detail. There seems to be a whole lot of material including videos, text and quizzes. And very important for language learning, there is already a whole lot of discussion and participation in the Course Forum.

I would be very interested in having some discussions here, in English and in Dutch, with others who decide to follow this course, as we work through the course.

Check out the course and join

Sounds great. Have you found a good source for French MOOCs? I have looked, but there seem to be far fewer than for Spanish.
0 x

tommus
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B2), Dutch (B2)

Re: Excellent MOOC in Dutch

Postby tommus » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Tomás wrote:Have you found a good source for French MOOCs?

Yes indeed. I took a French MOOC on astronomy that was excellent. It was provided by FUN in France. I see that FUN has a whole bunch of MOOCs in French that look very interesting. I wish I had enough time to take some more.

FUN-MOOC courses
0 x
Dutch: 01 September -> 31 December 2020
Watch 1000 Dutch TV Series Videos : 40 / 1000

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”