TAC 2016 - Russian - Team Чебурашка Log

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
Josquin
Blue Belt
Languages: German (native); English (advanced fluency); French (basic fluency); Italian, Swedish, Russian, Irish (intermediate); Dutch, Icelandic, Japanese, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic (beginner); Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Sanskrit (reading only)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=737

Re: TAC 2016 - Russian - Team Чебурашка Log

Postby Josquin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:32 pm

Привет Олекандер!

This is the team thread of this year's Russian TAC team. I don't know if you're familiar with the concept of the TAC, which is the "Total Annihilation Challenge" and was originally invented on HTLAL. The basic idea is to form teams and support each other studying one or several languages.

Unfortunately, this year's Russian team hasn't been very active, but I think you're nevertheless welcome to join. You can contact geoffw, if you like. He's our team captain and will surely add you to the team roster.

By the way, how's everybody's Russian? I started watching Кухня again, but I haven't been very consistent. I have been concentrating on Irish lately, dabbeled a little bit in Lakota, and will probably (re)start studying Persian soon. Any success stories with Russian here?

До скорого!
1 x
Oró, sé do bheatha abhaile! Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

Olekander
Orange Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (Native), French, Russian.
Studied: Latin, Catalan, Spanish, Mandarin, Czech, Ukrainian

Studying: Turkish
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2995

Postby Olekander » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:08 pm

Thank you Josquin!

Well if we're not being very active that's ok. People are commenting every now and then on my log with some helpful corrections. I'm studying Russian again for the first time since graduating about 4 years ago now, and haven't lived in Moscow now for six years so it's great to be back with the wind in my sail !
0 x
Да нет. :roll:

: 1000 / 1000 1,000 Russian words: started 15/06/2016 :)
: 15 / 365 365 scriptorium transcriptions: started 19/06/2016
: 2 / 1010 Russian books: 4/06/2016
: 3 / 2121 units of Parla.cat

geoffw
Orange Belt
Languages: Speak well = English (N), Deutsch
Speak poorly = יידיש (Yiddish), Français
"Speak," I guess = עברית (Hebrew), Русский (Russian), Español, Nederlands, Esperanto

Postby geoffw » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:28 am

Josquin wrote:Unfortunately, this year's Russian team hasn't been very active, but I think you're nevertheless welcome to join. You can contact geoffw, if you like. He's our team captain and will surely add you to the team roster.

By the way, how's everybody's Russian? ... Any success stories with Russian here?

До скорого!

I've added Olekander to the roster in the first post of this thread. Welcome!

To answer Josquin, I can at least report that my Russian has improved. I stopped feeling like posting in a personal log was helping me in any way, and I did put Russian slightly off to the side for a little while, but I've never stopped working on languages. "Success" stories:

1) I've done some online chatting in Russian with HelloTalk, and I've gotten to a point where I can usually understand all the usual conversation and add my own replies without needing the dictionary too often. I get a lot of red ink based on my grammar, but I'm communicating and learning.

2) I started using Glossika again, and I think that's helped a lot--especially with intuition for grammar, but also with processing speech. After getting to day 40 or so of the spaced repetition, I was watching some Russian TV and felt like for the first time I was actually getting the gist of what was going on and catching a sufficient percentage to engage with the programs.
2 x

MamaPata
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), French (C1*), Russian (B1), Spanish (B1).

Long lost: Arabic and Latin.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3004

Postby MamaPata » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:39 pm

This may be the wrong place to post this, so apologies in advance! But does anyone know of any Russian quiz shows? Preferably general knowledge style (things like Mastermind, University Challenge, or Who Wants to be a Millionaire).
0 x
Corrections appreciated.

MamaPata
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), French (C1*), Russian (B1), Spanish (B1).

Long lost: Arabic and Latin.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3004

Postby MamaPata » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 am

I know that this groupd faded slightly during the year, but I've noticed a few people expressing an interest in Russian across the forum. Would people be interested in a Russian study group? I definitely need all the support I can get! I would be happy to set it up, but also very happy for someone else to! :lol:
3 x
Corrections appreciated.

Ogrim
Brown Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N) English (C2), French (C2), Spanish (C2), German (B2), Romansh (B2), Italian (B2), Catalan (B2), Russian (B1), Latin (B2), Dutch (B1), Croatian (A2), Arabic (on hold), Ancient Greek (learning), Romanian (on hold)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?t=873

Postby Ogrim » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:19 am

MamaPata wrote:I know that this groupd faded slightly during the year, but I've noticed a few people expressing an interest in Russian across the forum. Would people be interested in a Russian study group? I definitely need all the support I can get! I would be happy to set it up, but also very happy for someone else to! :lol:

I'd certainly welcome a Russian study group. I've been thinking of starting one myself in the past, but could not really find the time to make the first step. So if MamaPata is willing to do so, I say thank you! :D
1 x
Ich grolle nicht

Teango
Blue Belt
Languages: en (n)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 9&p=235545

Postby Teango » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:57 am

I think setting up a Russian study group would a great idea, MamaPata! I'll be studying mainly Russian in 2017 and would certainly be glad of the company... :)
2 x

Return to “Language Challenges”