TAC 2016 - Russian - Team Чебурашка Log

Ongoing language-learning challenges, and team challenge logs (but not individual logs)
geoffw
Orange Belt
Languages: Speak well = English (N), Deutsch
Speak poorly = יידיש (Yiddish), Français
"Speak," I guess = עברית (Hebrew), Русский (Russian), Español, Nederlands, Esperanto

TAC 2016 - Russian - Team Чебурашка Log

Postby geoffw » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:29 pm

Welcome to the 2016 TAC log for the Russian team. Please sign up in the TAC 2016 thread. I will update this post to list registered team members. Please give me a link to your personal log that you will be using for this TAC so I can include it here.

Team Members (according to Brun Ugle's list from the TAC sign-up page here):

Aloysius, azul, CittaKyle, Ed1991, Expugnator, geoffw, Josquin, LaghmanC, neofight78, Radioclare, Solfrid Cristin, tarvos, Olekander
Last edited by geoffw on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:12 am, edited 10 times in total.
1 x

geoffw
Orange Belt
"Speak," I guess = עברית (Hebrew), Русский (Russian), Español, Nederlands, Esperanto

Re: TAC 2016 - Russian Team Log

Postby geoffw » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:29 pm

Josquin wrote:Just to be accurate: Those links were originally collected by mrwarper for Team Мир in 2013. I simply copied them and made them clickable when I started the team thread of Team Катюша in 2014, so there must be some dead links among them. Also, some of them are in a legally grey area, but they're very useful nevertheless... ;)

I have not reviewed every link in this list for legitimacy. Neither I, nor the owners and operators of this forum condone the use of this list for any illegal activity. You are legally responsible for your own actions. If you believe any of the following links does not have a legitimate legal use, let me know immediately and it will be removed.

Resources

Russian Books and Films
Ozon.ru
Русские книги в Германии и Европе
Express Kniga
Kniga 24

E-Books
Флибуста | Книжное братство
Либрусек | Много книг
Lib.ru: Russian E-Books
Lib.ru: Russian Classics as E-Books
litres.ru

Audiobooks
Аудиокниги скачать бесплатно
Аудиокниги
Библиотека - бесплатные аудиокниги онлайн
Index
Index
Аудиокниги бесплатно на mp3

Assorted Links for Audiobooks
Friends-Forum.Com: Лучшие книги Интернета
LibriVox: Search Results
Priviet.com - Russian audio books
Ska4ka - аудиокниги на иностранных языках

Podcasts
RussianPod101
Russian Podcast
Радио Эхо Москвы

Courses and More
Russian for everyone
An interactive online Russian grammar
Master Russian
Russian Lessons
Russian transliteration
FSI
DLI
GLOSS
Sazov
Learn Russian
Russisch Bitte
Duolingo
TV stations online
rutube.ru
Last edited by geoffw on Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2 x

geoffw
Orange Belt

Postby geoffw » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:38 pm

The first two posts having been made and reserved for team administrative matters, we can proceed with the customary discussion of the most important task we face: choosing a team name. Please provide your suggestions below. After pretending to consider arguments and count votes, I will then ignore all of your suggestions and choose a different team name. :mrgreen:

I also encourage everyone to post a brief introduction here. This could include whatever you want, but some ideas include your general language-learning history, why you are interested in Russian, your current level, your plans for 2016, your favorite zakuski, etc.
2 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:00 pm

geoffw wrote: we can proceed with the customary discussion of the most important task we face: choosing a team name. Please provide your suggestions below. After pretending to consider arguments and count votes, I will then ignore all of your suggestions and choose a different team name.

I'm glad to see the traditional approach to TAC teams are still in use. :lol:
5 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Radioclare
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Esperanto, German, Croatian
Learns: Russian

Postby Radioclare » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:35 pm

I'm very excited to be joining the Russian team this year :)

One of my main new year resolutions for 2016 is to start learning Russian, and this will be my third attempt at the language. Hopefully third time lucky :lol: I initially had a very unsuccessful attempt back in 2004, followed by a slightly more successful attempt in 2011 prior to a trip to Ukraine. Then I got distracted by learning Croatian, which I'm now in the process of dragging up to B2. I think it's the right time for me to start another language, and I'm really hoping that the progress I've made with Croatian will make Russian seem a little easier than last time I tried.

I know I'm going to be off to a slow start in 2016 because January - April is the busiest time of year for me at work and I'm going to be putting in some pretty long days. But being able to speak Russian has been a huge life goal of mine for years, so don't worry if my log sometimes only seems to talk about Croatian - I will definitely not be giving up with Russian, even if work temporarily gets in the way :)

I don't know enough words yet to make a sensible suggestion for a team name :lol:
3 x

Josquin
Blue Belt
Languages: German (native); English (advanced fluency); French (basic fluency); Italian, Swedish, Russian, Irish (intermediate); Dutch, Icelandic, Japanese, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic (beginner); Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Sanskrit (reading only)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=737

Postby Josquin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Всем привет!

I'm looking forward to being member of the Russian TAC team for the fourth year in a row now! After two years of leading the team, I'm especially looking forward to being a plain member again... ;)

This year, I want to bring my somewhat rusty Russian back to life. I'm planning to do this by watching Russian series (especially Кухня) and reading Russian books. Also, I'm going to brush up my grammar and activate my passive knowledge again. That's why I hope we'll do some interesting challenges together which will force me to put my Russian to use.

For those of you who don't know me yet: I'm a 31-year old PhD student from Germany, doing a degree in musicology. I hope I'll finish my thesis this year, so fingers crossed! My main focus will be on Irish this year, but I nevertheless want to work actively on my Russian.

I first started studying Russian almost four years ago in the May of 2012. I had no particular reason for doing that besides I always wanted to know some Russian and I was interested in Russian literature. Studying Russian has maybe been the greatest linguistic adventure I've ever had by now, as it has brought me in contact with a lot of fellow learners back at HTLAL in the TAC Teams Мир 2013, Катюша 2014, and Пушкин 2015. I hope I can continue this amazing experience with all of you in 2016 and we'll have a lot of fun learning Russian together.

To all of you the very best for 2016. С Новым годом!
1 x
Oró, sé do bheatha abhaile! Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

Expugnator
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native Brazilian Portuguese#advanced fluency English, French, Papiamento#basic fluency Italian, Norwegian#intermediate Spanish, German, Georgian and Chinese (Mandarin)#basic Russian, Estonian, Greek (Modern)#just started Indonesian, Hebrew (Modern), Guarani
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9931

Postby Expugnator » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:39 pm

Hello team members! One of the most fun TAC teams is back and with new members even! I'm looking forward to spending a new year at your company, this time at our cozy new home. This is definitely going to be a year of fun with Russian. I started timidly writing some Russian last year and I also started to get the hang of some Russian series. I have a long-term goal which is being able to watch Russian TV series and have fun without even worrying about whether I'm learning a new language or not, but meanwhile I'm sure this team itself is going to be a main source of fun in learning as well. С новым годом!
2 x
Corrections welcome for any language.

geoffw
Orange Belt

Postby geoffw » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:18 am

As a reminder, please give me a link to your log so I can put it in the first post. I think I was able to track down a couple, but please double-check for me. And if you have a suggestion for a team name, let's hear that, as well.

If there are no other suggestions, you may find yourself playing for Team Алехин or Team Чебурашка.
0 x

Expugnator
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native Brazilian Portuguese#advanced fluency English, French, Papiamento#basic fluency Italian, Norwegian#intermediate Spanish, German, Georgian and Chinese (Mandarin)#basic Russian, Estonian, Greek (Modern)#just started Indonesian, Hebrew (Modern), Guarani
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9931

Postby Expugnator » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:23 am

I don't have a log yet, I have to write about my plans for a good dozen of languages, so this may take a couple of days. I'll keep you informed as well as the TAC authority.
0 x
Corrections welcome for any language.

Via Diva
Green Belt
Languages: Russian (N), English (~C1), German (~B1)
Wanderlust/abandoned: Czech, Swedish, Italian, Modern Greek, Esperanto, French, Dutch, Finnish
Hit-list (?): Icelandic, Hungarian, Sanskrit
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=929

Postby Via Diva » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:31 am

geoffw wrote:Team Алехин

Sorry for intruding, but who's the Алехин in question? If it happens to be a chessmaster, the one and only chess champion to die undefeated, I'd go bonkers, even though I can't be on this team xD
0 x

Return to “Language Challenges”