Introduce yourself here

General discussion about learning languages
ChicoAchso
Languages: Languages I speak: Spanish (mother language), English, Portuguese, German snd French (kinda).

Language I'm learning: Russian

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby ChicoAchso » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 pm

Hi, my name is Francisco (Portuguese friends call me Chico) and I like learning languages. I'm looking forward for a chance to practice, improve and help others whilst doing it. Cheers!
6 x

Lycopersicon
Yellow Belt
Languages: French (N), English, Persian, Italian, Latin
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16534

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby Lycopersicon » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:58 am

Hi there! My name is Lycorpersicon.

Welcoming, well-maintained, independent internet fora have, alas, become a rarity in this day and age. As I like to consider myself a life-long learner, it has been my hope to find a community where I would be able to converse with language enthusiasts who share the same unquenchable thirst for knowledge! It appears that this forum might very well be the place I had been looking for, so it will be a pleasure to exchange ideas and participate in informed conversations with all the other members here.

My interests include - and are by no means limited to - classical languages, history, anthropology, art, agriculture, botany, cookery and hiking.

Cheers ;)
10 x

Mesha
Languages: Arabic (N), English (C1), Russian (B2)

Postby Mesha » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:40 am

Hello every one,
Am Mohsen Alyoussef, A Ph.D. student at RUDN, Moscow. Arabic native speaker, guess am Fluent in English and still trying to master the Russian language. I like music and I play the piano. love reading and not much of a traveler.
11 x

Gwendolyn
Languages: German (native)
English (C1)
Spanish (B1+)
French (beginner)

Postby Gwendolyn » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Hello! I discovered this forum last week and couldn’t stop reading your threads ever since because everything here looks so interesting!
I speak German, English, Spanish and a bit French and I really want to improve the last two. I’m 18 years old and I’m graduating from high school in the summer, so that will hopefully give me plenty of time to learn more languages.
9 x

roozbehra
Languages: English
German

Postby roozbehra » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:53 am

Hello, I am Roozbeh.
I speak English and trying to learn German and French
8 x

.alice7.
Languages: English (N), Spanish, Arabic, Navajo

Postby .alice7. » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:58 pm

Hi, my name is Alice and I am learning Spanish, Arabic and Navajo. Glad to be here!
10 x

Sharon_oddlyenough
Languages: English (N) Swedish (A2) French (A1)

Postby Sharon_oddlyenough » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:13 am

Hey, I'm Sharon from Canada. I know some French from school and living in Banff a while back, and I am currently learning Swedish.
7 x

finknottles
Languages: English (N), Spanish, Portuguese, Hindi, German (beginner)

Postby finknottles » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:20 pm

Hi all! I'm a university student from the US who has been a language enthusiast for many years now. I used to lurk a bit on the old forums, so I figured it's about time I make an account! I'm currently enjoying improving my Spanish, Portuguese, and Hindi, and I hope to muster up the discipline to continue throughout the year (although Russian has been creeping into my dreams lately...). It's great to find a community of such passionate and knowledgeable people, and I look forward to meeting everyone!
7 x

Janus
Languages: Spanish (N)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16564

Postby Janus » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:01 pm

Hey! I'm an enthusiast of languages, focused at this moment on improving my level in French. I hope I can learn a lot about studying methods and so on from all of you.

See you on the forum!
5 x
I am an expert on nothing. Therefore, I will appreciate if you correct my mistakes in any languages.

galgolitic
Languages: Native: English
Study: German
Beginner: Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Hindi, Japanese, Polish

Postby galgolitic » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:40 pm

Hello everyone. I have just joined today.

I have been interested in languages for many years. I took an OU Diploma in German, but since I have not been to Germany for many years, I have forgotten much of the language. If I use it again, I know that I will pick it up again quickly.

Since studying German, my interest in languages has broadened out. Rather than study a single language intently, I am now sampling many languages. The latest to be sampled is Hindi. However, although I am sampling many languages, including e.g. Lakota, my main interests currently are Russian, Japanese and Arabic. In other words, I am doing more than sampling these three languages.

I also enjoy reading about language theory.
9 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”