French Log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
MonteCristo231

French Log

Postby MonteCristo231 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:31 am

Hi there, I began learning French a few months ago and I've slowly fallen in love. I speak Spanish (I studied the language in school, and lived in Chile for a year), so French doesn't seem too big of a jump.

I've been ploughing my way through Assimil: French with Ease. I just completed Active Lesson 47 and Passive Lesson 97. Only a few more weeks before I finish the course. Once I've finished this Assimil course, I plan to begin the next one: Assimil: Using French. I've also downloaded a few French songs, which I listen to as I ride the subway. I can understand the language much better than I can express myself.

Anyway, I've started this language log to keep me motivated and, in a certain way, to hold me accountable. I plan to update weekly. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
2 x
Lover of languages. Here learning French.

solocricket
Orange Belt
Languages: My good languages: English (N), French (C1), Spanish (B2), Italian (reading knowledge)
Languishing Languages: Dutch (~B1), Icelandic (delapidated passive intermediate skills), Yiddish (basic passive), Japanese (smattering of reading knowledge, lots of vocab, maybe I'll get back to it someday)
Studying: Polish (A1)
Wish List: Chinese, Urdu, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew... yep
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=5502

Re: French Log

Postby solocricket » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:12 am

Good luck with French! I like French a lot-- there are tons of resources out there, and they're pretty easy to find. Let me know if you need recommendations for talk radio or podcasts!
1 x

tomgosse
Brown Belt
Languages: Anglais (langue maternelle)
Français (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185

Postby tomgosse » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Bienvenue ! Please consider joining our French Team : Les Voyageurs. The rules are simple:
I'm a firm believer in KISS, Keep It Simple Silly. The only real rules are :
  • Members should subscribe to this post.
  • Members should start and keep a log that chronicles their studies. It's okay to use a log that's already started.
  • Members should subscribe to the logs of other members (and read them!).
  • And remember to play nice !
1 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

MonteCristo231

Postby MonteCristo231 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Cool. Just did!
1 x
Lover of languages. Here learning French.

Return to “Language logs”