French: live voice and text chat

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
bedtime
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), French (beginner/intermediate), Latin (beginner)

French: live voice and text chat

Postby bedtime » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:26 pm

I hope I'm allowed to post this. If not, I'll not be offended that it be taken down...

I want to share this place called Discord. I've been using it for a month or so. There are likely other languages supported, but I can only speak for the French ones.

One can do text chatting in a French/English room or an all-French room (link below) or talk with voice. We have fun and joke around a lot—don't expect an ultra-serious, buckle-down-and-learn type of place. That said, everything is said in French, and I find that it's excellent practice to talk in the (somewhat) real world with real Parisians and Québécois.

I greatly prefer this forum, here, for complicated questions when one needs detail, or when I would like more than one suggestion or just want a serious reply, but sometimes one just wants to blab about nothing; so, Discord might be a great place to do it. :P

The easiest way is to post a link; searching for chat sites on Discord can be confusing, to say the least, so this should make the process a lot smoother:
https://discord.gg/JHjjGr

You may even see moi là (me there)—I have the same screen name and belle poupée avatar (beautiful doll avatar). :)
2 x

joecleland
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), French (A1/A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 18#p147718

Re: French: live voice and text chat

Postby joecleland » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:50 pm

merci pour le partage ;)
0 x
    Complete
  • Pimsleur French 1
  • Fluent Forever 625 Word List