PodClub shuts down their podcast series

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Pinecone
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (Intermediate), Nepali (Intermediate)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11506

Re: Downloading from Podclub before it's gone

Postby Pinecone » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:14 am

Perhaps this has already been discussed, in case it hasn't, it may be an option to upload the 'rescued' files to the Internet Archive's Audio Archive.

Their help file on how to do that is here: How to upload files to create a new item page
3 x

Lianne
Green Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (N)
Actively studying: French (low int)
Dabbling in: Italian (beginner), ASL (beginner), Ojibwe (beginner), Swahili (beginner)
Wish list: Swedish, Esperanto, Klingon, Brazilian Portuguese
Has also dabbled in: German, Spanish, toki pona
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... hp?t=12275

Postby Lianne » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:30 am

Here are the mp3s and PDFs for the Al Dente episodes I snagged! Dropbox
3 x
: 3 / 100 French SC (Books)
: 7 / 100 French SC (Films)
: 0 / 50 Italian Half SC (Books)
: 0 / 50 Italian Half SC (Films)

Pronouns: they/them

Ericounet
Yellow Belt

Re: PodClub shuts down their podcast series

Postby Ericounet » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:49 am

hi,

I'm willing to put the podcasts on my Yojik website.

Sorry to not being here a lot of theses last times but I moved in another town (job), and I work full free time in my flat (I destroyed everything ... and built something "better" (in my view). I do this alone (with my wife) and it's a lot of work (still to do).

But I can gather all the podcasts available and very soon, put them on the website.

Michael wrote me 2 days ago, and I was not able to retrieve the files.

He sent me the German files which I'm downloading right now.

So , if you have some of them, feel free to contact me, and I will take care of them.

Best regards,

Eric

ps: I tried the wayback (internet archive) , but no luck :(
3 x
administrator of fsi-languages.yojik.eu;
French(N), German, English, Russian.
Chinese and Korean beginner

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:39 pm

There are two separate threads dealing with the PodClub podcast series. In the event that some members have been following the one and not the other, here are Eric Streit's most recent comments on the "PodClub shuts down their podcast series" thread:
Ericounet wrote:hi,

I'm willing to put the podcasts on my Yojik website.

Sorry to not being here a lot of theses last times but I moved in another town (job), and I work full free time in my flat (I destroyed everything ... and built something "better" (in my view). I do this alone (with my wife) and it's a lot of work (still to do).

But I can gather all the podcasts available and very soon, put them on the website.

Michael wrote me 2 days ago, and I was not able to retrieve the files.

He sent me the German files which I'm downloading right now.

So , if you have some of them, feel free to contact me, and I will take care of them.

Best regards,

Eric

ps: I tried the wayback (internet archive) , but no luck :(
2 x

Speakeasy

Re: PodClub shuts down their podcast series

Postby Speakeasy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:22 pm

As Eric Streit has accepted to host the PodClub podcast files on his Yojik website, with a view to saving some him some extra work in this project, I suggest that members having sets the files send them directly to him. Eric’s Yojik Email address is: eric@yojik.eu
1 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:23 pm

Speakeasy wrote:As Eric Streit has accepted to host the PodClub podcast files on his Yojik website, with a view to saving some him some extra work in this project, I suggest that members having sets the files send them directly to him. Eric’s Yojik Email address is: eric@yojik.eu
1 x

Taeryne
Languages: English (N), French (A2), Russian (A0?)

Postby Taeryne » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:39 pm

Speakeasy wrote:
Speakeasy wrote:As Eric Streit has accepted to host the PodClub podcast files on his Yojik website, with a view to saving some him some extra work in this project, I suggest that members having sets the files send them directly to him. Eric’s Yojik Email address is: eric@yojik.eu

I sent what I have.

Lianne wrote:I would really love those French ones if you have them online somewhere!!

I started uploading to Dropbox, so Balades is there. L'avis de Marie was too big so I put it on Google Drive:
Balades [85 PDFs, 85 MP3s]
L'avis de Marie [157 PDFs, 155 MP3s]

Per the LingQ mention I found #113, but I haven't been able to find #2 or #56 in MP3 form [still free reading].
5 x

Carmody
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: English (N)
French (B1)
Language Log: http://tinyurl.com/zot7wrs

Postby Carmody » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:59 pm

Thanks so much for L'avis de Marie .

You are totally brilliant.

:D
0 x

Ericounet
Yellow Belt

Postby Ericounet » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:48 am

hi,

thanks to everyone:

currently:

* German : downloaded
* L'avis de Marie: downloaded
* Al Dente: downloaded

Thanks again,

Eric
Last edited by Ericounet on Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
administrator of fsi-languages.yojik.eu;
French(N), German, English, Russian.
Chinese and Korean beginner

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:10 am

Meric beaucoup, Eric! It seems that the previous links to the PodClub podcasts are no longer operable. As you and I discussed, perhaps the site owners, klubschule migros, could be persuaded to restore the links in support of your project of hosting them on the Yojik website.

Another possibility might be iTunes. In the original thread (the two threads should be merged) aokoye commented as follows:
aokoye wrote:This is my first time hearing of these podcasts. While it's sad that they group of people making them have decided to shutend the serieses, it looks like it was a massive undertaking done by not a whole lot of staff.

All that said, it appears that you can download all of the podcasts via iTunes in one fail swoop. It's the PDFs that would take longer. Obviously that's not useful for people who don't or can't use iTunes, but it's a start. I haven't looked to see if the same is true with other RSS aggregators.
As a senior member of the world's least technologically skilled peasantry, I am not be able to assist in either option.

As a separate comment, I have requested that the two threads dealing with the PodClub podcasts be merged.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”