Links to Alternate Language Forums?

Discuss technical problems and features here
Speakeasy

Links to Alternate Language Forums?

Postby Speakeasy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:05 pm

Should this question have already been addressed, I offer my apologies for having raised it again.

Please refer to MorkTheFiddle’s post “Études litéraires…” https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=150424#p150424

Perhaps the creation of a new sub-forum “Links to Alternate Language Forums” would provide members with a quick and simple means of directing other members’ attention to alternate forums, blogs, et cetera. Yes, I know, we don’t have enough sub-forums as it stands (for example, I deplore the absence of a sub-forum for the discussion of “vintage” language-learning materials ;) ).

I appreciate that a certain degree of “policing” of such a sub-forum would be required.
2 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: Links to Alternate Language Forums?

Postby rdearman » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:37 pm

Isn't this just another resource which could be put in the resources area in the French thread?
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:43 pm

Or maybe the scope of the HTLAL - LLORG subforum could be extended. It was logical to limit it to those two when Llorg was created, but now we have cut the umbelical chord, and we are left with a largely unused subforum which could get a new role.
2 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:02 pm

rdearman wrote:Isn't this just another resource which could be put in the resources area in the French thread?
You have a good point. Nevertheless, whether links to alternate language forums are posted to the “resources” discussion threads or somewhere within the “study groups”, they will end up by being “buried and forgotten” and therefore no longer practically accessible for the average member. With a view to highlighting their existence, or otherwise keeping them in the forefront of members’ thoughts, perhaps the links could be hosted in separate sub-forum.

By the way, you are working on the new sub-forum for vintage language-learning materials, aren’t you? :mrgreen:

Iversen wrote:Or maybe the scope of the HTLAL - LLORG subforum could be extended. It was logical to limit it to those two when Llorg was created, but now we have cut the umbelical chord, and we are left with a largely unused subforum which could get a new role.
Disculpame pero, no hablo “scope of the HTLAL - LLORG subforum” :?:
2 x

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:00 pm

THreads can be "pinned" so they don't get buried. For example the "Master list of resources" is pinned in the resource area and never falls down the list.
2 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:18 pm

rdearman wrote:THreads can be "pinned" so they don't get buried. For example the "Master list of resources" is pinned in the resource area and never falls down the list.
Fabulous! I’ll pass this along to MorkTheFiddle. Je vais me coucher moins niaiseux à soir* ! :mrgreen:

*se coucher moins niaiseux (ce soir, à soir, ou le soir)
location verbale:
1. (Familier) (Québec) Avoir appris quelque chose (relevant de la culture générale) dans sa journée.
o Je ne savais pas ça. Eh bien ! Je vais me coucher moins niaiseux à soir.
o Sans doute l’idée nous passe-t-elle par la tête le jour où, las d’admirer le ciel et de ne point savoir nommer ce que l’on voit, on décide, comme disait l’autre, de se coucher moins niaiseux. — (Cyberpresse, 31 mai 2006)
o Mais que diriez-vous de quelques informations sur les orchidées, des renseignements de base qui vous feront mieux les apprécier ? Ainsi, […] comme on dit, vous vous coucheriez moins niaiseux ce soir ! — (Le Soleil, 21 novembre 2004)
o C’est comme ça, le sport : on croit avoir tout vu, et on trouve toujours le moyen de se coucher moins niaiseux. — (Jean Dion, Le Devoir, 10 avril 2003)
Note : On dit surtout se coucher moins niaiseux à soir (« ce soir »), mais pas nécessairement

Source : Wiktionnaire

*se coucher moins niaiseux = to go to bed less clueless
2 x

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”