job options

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
Xenops
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N), Danish (A2), Japanese (rusty), Nansha (constructing)
On break: Japanese (approx. N4), Norwegian (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=16797

Re: job options

Postby Xenops » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:08 pm

jimmy wrote:yes,you are right that I need to improve my language for professional english.
but here more than studying,I need to concentrate on how to study. because I experienced that it is a bit time consuming.

for instance ,because of some various reasons;I am not sure which of these will be better for selection

*** a course center
*** self study.

I would point out that I am supporting contemporary educational system.

Here's what I've noticed: self-study is very effective if 1. you know how to self-study, and 2. you know how you learn. For some people these things are obvious and they can apply them effectively, and then there's the rest of us that are still trying to figure it out. For example, I'm finding that I have strong spatial memory, so using calligraphy makes sense for me to remember Japanese characters because I remember the size of the stroke in relation to another stroke.

If you're not sure how to self-study, then a course, or a knowledgeable tutor, will be necessary. They will give you feedback on what needs to be improved, and will guide you on your language journey. I say "guide", because as Zenmonkey says, it's up to you to remember all that they teach you--you are not a passive sponge.
3 x
Check out my comic at: https://atannan.com/

jimmy
Green Belt
Languages: ...

Postby jimmy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:57 pm

first with one problem: I cannot be online on this website presumably for more than 2 minutes. it makes me automatically offline.
then I have two points to remind myself.
yes I believe that I have high quality in self study.
but I have to remember that I could not take long amount of ways during previous 6 years.
I also remember I have had many private problems and really they were so much strict.
0 x
Self Taught - Autodidactic

jimmy
Green Belt

Postby jimmy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:13 pm

ONE NOTIFICATION

Dear Language Learners;

we are unsure whether this is very well known detail but really worth!

we realised that learning language with real practise would be far more effective & useful than learning by yourself especially if you are someone who specifically just focus on grammar.

(pronunciation has been a real obstacle for us according to our experience in learning english. but now we started russian (and we will continue it if we do not leave this job) and we are sure that we are in a better and more correct way.

now,some of my existing coleagues do not have even high school degree whereas I have BSc degree or higher.but I am happy,because I look what I have as benefit,I am learning russian with correct pronunciation)

as aresult,if you already know one foreign language (other than your mother tongue),and if this is one of well known/spoken languages. then I strictly recommend that you find a job position which would provide you an option to learn the second one.(clarification:here with option,we mean direct/real usage of aimed language.e.g.: it should provide you an option that you conversate with that language's native speakers,or you could go that language's origin country )

Kind Regards
0 x

jimmy
Green Belt

Postby jimmy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Dear ...

I presume I will have around (between) 60 to 70 scores of toefl exam. may I have a job position (specifically or preferably as math teacher or mathematician) in singapore?

an important notification: if you are not sure about the content of your response,please do not write for this query.

Best Regards
0 x

Return to “Travel and Culture”