English//Japanese//Tagalog//Afrikaans

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Formeo
Languages: Deutsch/German (Native)
American English (B1)
Japanese (A1 ~ A2)
Tagalog (Beginner)
Afrikaans (Beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=10441

English//Japanese//Tagalog//Afrikaans

Postby Formeo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:50 pm

I came across this forum and the idea with language logs sounds pretty useful to me, so I wanted to give it a try. I'll start with leraning next monday (29.04.2019)

Goals
At least C1 in English (C2 would be even better)
JLPT N5 in Japanese aimed but working on N4
A2 in Afrikaans and Tagalog
(I don't want to set my standarts to high for motivational reasons.)

Plans
English
I can read English relatively fluently and understand it, that's why the focus will be mainly on talking and on writing. Since I learn English at school, practicing these things regularly should not be a problem.

Japanese
My real project in terms of languages. With the grammar I get along pretty well, as well as with the Jojo Kanjis, however, I can't really read or even speak. I plan for every day except Tuesday and Thursday 20-30 minutes of study time, as far as the school does not hinder me. The focus should be mainly on own application in the form of writing and reading, but also I want to practice the pronunciation. I use Duolingo, Busuu, The Complete Guide to Japanese by Tae Kin and KanjiTree.

Tagalog
The fact that this language does not have a consistent grammar work makes learning quite difficult. I work with different sources from the internet, among others YouTube channels. The focus here is on vocabulary and verb forms, as the rest of the grammar seems to be relatively simple so far. I want to learn vocabulary every day, grammar depending on time, Tuesdays and weekends for 15 - 25 minutes.

Afrikaans
Should be the easiest of all languages, because of the relation to German and English. Again, the focus is on vocabulary and pronunciation, as I can deduce most of the grammar from German. For Afrikaans, I keep Thursday free, as well as the weekend.
3 x

Formeo
Languages: Deutsch/German (Native)
American English (B1)
Japanese (A1 ~ A2)
Tagalog (Beginner)
Afrikaans (Beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=10441

Re: English//Japanese//Tagalog//Afrikaans

Postby Formeo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:26 pm

Japanese
Completed the "Telling Time" chapter of Tae Kim's Guide
Used Duilingo, Lingodeer and Kanji Tree
Tried writing a self introduction but failed, not due lack of vocabulary but rather lack of sprachgefuehl.
Downloaded some worksheets.

Afrikaans
Joined an Afrikaans Discord server.
Downloaded and used Mondly Language.

Tagalog
Learned the 50 most common words.
Used Tagalog Drops app.
1 x

Ccaesar
Orange Belt
Languages: Danish (N) English (B2-C1) German (B1-B2) Italian(B1), Japanese (beginner)

Re: English//Japanese//Tagalog//Afrikaans

Postby Ccaesar » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:22 am

How is your project going?
I also tried the kanjitree app! It looks appealing!
0 x
Hiragana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Katakana practiced in hand : 48 / 48
Kanji : 50 / 2000
Assimil Japanese with Ease : 27 / 100

Return to “Language logs”