Can you help me translate this sentence?

Solo español
Jaidee
Languages: English

Can you help me translate this sentence?

Postby Jaidee » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi,

I know that "Los Pollos Hermanos" means the chicken brothers. It is a fastfood restaurant in a tv serie where they sell chicken.

Now I want to sell soil. Bags of soil that people use for gardens and plants to grow flowers for example.

What would be the right optimal translation for this: "The soil brothers" ?

Thank you and best regards,
0 x

Ser
Green Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), English (C2+), French (B2), Latin (B1), Mandarin (A2), now also learning Inuktitut.
CEFR levels self-assessed.

Re: Can you help me translate this sentence?

Postby Ser » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Jaidee wrote:Hi,

I know that "Los Pollos Hermanos" means the chicken brothers. It is a fastfood restaurant in a tv serie where they sell chicken.

Now I want to sell soil. Bags of soil that people use for gardens and plants to grow flowers for example.

What would be the right optimal translation for this: "The soil brothers" ?

Thank you and best regards,

I think I would suggest "Los hermanos vendetierra" ("the soil-selling brothers").

By the way, I also watched Breaking Bad and found the name Los Pollos Hermanos interesting. The meaning is not exactly "The Chicken Brothers" in Spanish. In English, that phrase means that it's brothers who happen to sell chicken. In Spanish the meaning is chickens that happen to be brothers. Don't be fooled by the identical word order, the grammar involved is different.
1 x

Return to “Español”