Blue Belt
Languages: Native: French
Intermediate: English, Russian, Italian
Tourist : Breton, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, Latin
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=1524

Duolingo Russian available in beta

Postby Arnaud » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:03 pm

deleted
Last edited by Arnaud on Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Expugnator
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native Brazilian Portuguese#advanced fluency English, French, Papiamento#basic fluency Italian, Norwegian#intermediate Spanish, German, Georgian and Chinese (Mandarin)#basic Russian, Estonian, Greek (Modern)#just started Indonesian, Hebrew (Modern), Guarani
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9931

Re: Duolingo Russian available in beta

Postby Expugnator » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Yes, long awaited.

I'm going to wait till it gets released from Beta, which I hope is in a few weeks. I will use it after the main updates and bug fixes and it will probably coincide with a more agressive approach into active Russian, considering that I hope to get much better with passive skills in the meantime.
1 x
Corrections welcome for any language.

Ed1991
White Belt
Languages: Russian (B1), Ukrainian (A1)

Postby Ed1991 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:05 am

Played around with it for a while. It's certainly better than the Ukrainian course and tries to introduce users to more complicated sentences/grammar constructions. But I think this will show up some of the limitations of the Duolingo system. Also I wonder how well the course is structured for complete beginners.
1 x

geoffw
Orange Belt
Languages: Speak well = English (N), Deutsch
Speak poorly = יידיש (Yiddish), Français
"Speak," I guess = עברית (Hebrew), Русский (Russian), Español, Nederlands, Esperanto

Postby geoffw » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:12 am

Expugnator wrote:Yes, long awaited.

I'm going to wait till it gets released from Beta, which I hope is in a few weeks. I will use it after the main updates and bug fixes and it will probably coincide with a more agressive approach into active Russian, considering that I hope to get much better with passive skills in the meantime.

A few weeks? :lol: You know, e.g., Ukrainian has been in beta for 5 months, and Duolingo Russian hasn't exactly set the standard for rapid development. It is indeed probable that some kinks will start to get ironed out as we go along, though.

I'm very excited, thanks for posting! For some reason, Duolingo also doesn't actually notify me for courses where I sign up to be notified, e.g., Russian. Or maybe they mean they'll notify me when it leaves beta?
2 x

rfnsoares
Orange Belt
Languages: Native: Portuguese
B2/C1: English, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian
A2/B1: Romanian, German
A2: Polish, Greek, Hungarian
Dabbling: Croatian, Czech, Swedish, Norwegian, Lithuanian, Finnish, Turkish, Hebrew...

Postby rfnsoares » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:26 am

Yes, finally!

I've been waiting for this course for more than a year. I've already started it. I agree, it seems better than the Ukraining course. My Russian is not improving and I'm a beginner learner. I think I'll never get used to Assimil courses. Let's see if I improve by practicing on Duolingo :)
1 x
100 Russian novels : 33 / 100

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”