Training blackboard 2019 (En)

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
javier_getafe
Orange Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), English (B2). In the way to get C1 certificate this year 2022. Wish me luck ;)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=10163

Training blackboard 2019 (En)

Postby javier_getafe » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:40 pm

Hello everyone,

From the last few weeks I have been looking for spare time to begin my project of log. In spite of the fact that english is not my native language, I think on it not as problem but as a real challenge. Rather it even triggers my interest.

However, it seems like I never find enough time to start out the task. It has been feeling like anything is always more important and essential that writting the log (sometimes it is, others not). This lazyness has been chansing me in different ways, sometimes I thought that anyone would be interested in knowing my progress, other times came up to my mind that people will hate me due to my horrible writting english.

The other day I seriously thought to begin with the most primary things, namely, small scheme of my interest, new languages, study methods and so on, but again thoughts of doubt and lazyness spring to mind so nothing was wroten at all.

Eventually I used a trick, I started off the log two days ago a saved my minute progress as a draft in order to follow later on. Challenge achieved, at least this time.

So,
Main goals for the long-term are:

English - C1 official level (EOI - Oficial School of languages)
Français - A2 official level (Oficial School of Languages)

ENGLISH

Currently doing SC and OC.

I have been spent a lot of time watching Britain shows and listening podcast.

Now I am trying a fantastic coleccion of audiobooks for learners, level C1. (Cambridge University Press). My system is always the same: namely, I listen two times the chapter, afterward I read the chapter and finally I listen two times more the chapter. I could say that I get the 70% in the first two times, and I get the 100% the last two times. Books cost me about 10 euros and as I finish it I sell them by wallapop, usually for 4-5€, so it is not bad deal, I think.

Furthermore, I am trying to improve my vocabulary by searching new words in a dictionary. 10xday, as I call my plan, not many words, I know, but I don't have enough time for everything I would like to do.

Besides, during my weekends I am trying to watch the last premiers of Marvel world. I am completely fascinating after the last year I watched Avengers Infinity War. In April will be realeased Avengers Endgame and previously I intent to watch the films that surround Avengers, that is AntMan and the Wasp, Black Panther (three Oscars), Spiderman Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain Marvel (8th March).

By the way, has you seen the last released trailer of Avengers EndGame, it seems like it is doing a record of views.

Come onnn!, you need to try it:

Sorry for the whole caboodell.

The next day, I will try to detail my goals and methods to progress in french, they are actually so basics because I'm A0 and I began scarcerly one a half months ago. Although I am deeply engaged, at least for the moment.
Last edited by javier_getafe on Thu May 30, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
9 x

Klara
Yellow Belt
Languages: German (N), English (C1),
B-ish: French, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Italian
A-ish: Russian, Swedish, Latin, Polish, Portuguese

Re: Attempt of Log by Javier_getafe 2019 (E)(F)

Postby Klara » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Congratulations on starting your log! Like you I do not have that much time but I did not get round to write a log.
So I am looking forward to read your entries. ;)

Bonne chance !
1 x

StringerBell
Brown Belt
Languages: English (n)
Italian

Postby StringerBell » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:02 pm

I am very interested in reading your log, I love to see what other people are doing to learn a language.

Do you ever want corrections, or do you prefer this log to be writing practice without corrections?
1 x
Season 4 Lucifer Italian transcripts I created: https://learnanylanguage.fandom.com/wik ... ranscripts

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:26 pm

---
Last edited by reineke on Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

javier_getafe
Orange Belt
Languages: Spanish (N), English (B2). In the way to get C1 certificate this year 2022. Wish me luck ;)

Postby javier_getafe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:32 pm

Klara wrote:Congratulations on starting your log! Like you I do not have that much time but I did not get round to write a log.
So I am looking forward to read your entries. ;)

Bonne chance !

Buf, It is not easy to fnd time as you know but I want definitily to try it. :)

StringerBell wrote:Do you ever want corrections, or do you prefer this log to be writing practice without corrections?

Doesn't mind, but I'm afraid that if you began to review you would never finish it. :mrgreen: (I'm well aware).

reineke wrote:I am a Deadpool kind of guy. I'm getting a box of comics from an elderly gentleman who's downsizing to a townhouse. Comic lovers are going geriatric.

Sshhhhh. It seems like some comic lovers are badly accepted. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
0 x

Bex
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (A2)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 77#p157977

Postby Bex » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:15 pm

Your "attempt of log" is wonderful to read - please keep posting :D

I am from the UK and learning Spanish because I now live in Spain.

javier_getafe wrote: My system is always the same: namely, I listen two times the chapter, afterward I read the chapter and finally I listen two times more the chapter.
I like your book reading system, I was thinking of doing something similar with my reading.

Good luck with your studies
2 x
Kwiziq
A0: 100 / 100
A1: 100 / 100
A2: 100 / 100
B1: 91 / 100
B2: 53 / 100

jonm
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N)
Spanish (adv.)
Bangla (int.)
French (passive)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9402

Postby jonm » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Hola Javier, I'm also a fan of the Marvel movies. I'm seeing Captain Marvel tomorrow, and I'm eagerly awaiting Endgame. Your Marvel marathon sounds like a lot of fun. If you decide to write more about it, I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

When I was living in Spain some years ago, I really liked reading Patrulla-X and other comics (both superhero and indie) and counting it as language practice. Some of the vocabulary I learned that way, I'm pretty sure I will never forget, including such handy everyday phrases as "¡A por él!" and "¡Hulk aplasta!" :lol:

Looking forward to following your log!
2 x

javier_getafe
Orange Belt

Postby javier_getafe » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:38 pm

English

...I'm screw up... Let me explain

Everything is going well, at least for the last week. Just until today... :(

R - Currently getting into "Swallows of Kabul". defenitely a page-turner book from Book Club in this forum.
(20% at 7th). I'm enjoying each page of this book.
- sharing my learning time with "He Knows Too Much" for learners C1- (chapter 7 finished).
S - Every week I take one hour by skype. 30' in Saturday, 30' in Sunday.
W - I write in this forum and I write a composition from time to time so nice by far.
L - I use "He knows Too Much" for intensive listening. Chapter by chapter, analysing new words and
structures and also doing listening before reading.
Furthermore, I have been watching Happy Valley and Marvel films (extensive listening)

The last weekend I have been watching "blackpanta". OMG, It is spellbinding. I really liked the film and I think that you can enjoy it even thought you don't like this kind of superheroe films. It is easy to understand and sometimes I tried to switch off the captions, so nice :)) Next goal, this weekend, Avengers Infinity war :)) I am looking forward to watching it.

But, in between, Captain Marvel is gonna be released, today is the day. Annnnnnddd knoww whattt.... I got free tickets for the premiere, Yyyyyes, today at 9:30 o'clock (I have to admit that I work for Disney as a vendor so that sometimes they give me free tickets). The problem is that despite the film is an original version, it is going to have spanish subtitles. (a pitty but is normal).

Take a look :) It is not going to be the best of Marvel Films, I know that and I'm afraid they also know :lol: :lol:

... so everything seems to be perfect... Too much perfect :(

So this morning, just when my clock went off I felt a terrible pain in my left leg. Due to the accident I had riding my motorbike the last year, sometimes I get this pain, it comes and goes with no pattern :(.

So, I'm certanly screw up. :(

I had to refuse the tickets and I'm trying to rest today. A pitty. Lost chance, I'm afraid. I will have to watch it on my own another day.

France

Not so much to say, really.
I'm drilling on my own for the last two months, more or less. Doing everyday 30 or 45 minutes. Working by Duolingo and Memrise and building little by little a new Anky deck. The language is tough to learn, taking into account that I am starting from level zero. Although I can tell that I am enjoying it.
My wish is to begin reading small books for little children in the summer, that' all.
2 x

javier_getafe
Orange Belt

Postby javier_getafe » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Saturday 09th of March

I fortgot to mention that I was doing a study book on my own since the last Octubre. After my traffic accident in the past July I have obviously had a lot of spare time to study, because I was off-sick, and looking for material to study I bump into this study book called Keynote.
Keynote essentially works with fantastic TedTalks, most of them are deeply remarkable, an uplifting stories that catch you inevitably. I was working with this book enthusiastically from October to December, however, when I came back to the job in the middle of Decembre, It was almost impossible to keep up the same study pace, and at Cristmas holidays, at last I left of studing, a pitty.

Now, that I am actually spending less time in my recovering, and I am fidgeting in afternoons I want to take up the Keynote because I don't like dawdling, the unit 6 (out of 12) is lying ahead for me, in this unit "Solutions" we are going to break down a fantastic Ted Talks, take a look if you have 10 free minutes, I'm afraid that it won't let you down, it is an unmissable speech.

1 x

StringerBell
Brown Belt
Languages: English (n)
Italian

Postby StringerBell » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:50 pm

I think it's a great idea to write in your target language about things (videos, movies, products, etc...) that you are excited about or interested in. If I ever start writing in my target languages, I think I will copy this, because I never know what to write about!
1 x
Season 4 Lucifer Italian transcripts I created: https://learnanylanguage.fandom.com/wik ... ranscripts

Return to “Language logs”