Asarena's Korean Log

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
Asarena
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Korean (Intermediate), Russian (Beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 95b1dac51f

1/31/19

Postby Asarena » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:01 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched Stray Kids' 톡싸 video.

Korean Subbed Videos: I watched a 세바시 video.

Audio: I listened to two Iyagis and two episodes of NCT Night Night.

Reading: I finished volume 17 of Fairy Tail and started volume 18.

KGIU, Anki, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I did lesson 6 of chapter 15 of KGIU Advanced. It was about -(으)ㄹ 리가 없다.

SC Progress:
Films- 20,000+/9000 minutes
Books- 1904/5000 pages (+10)
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

Re: Asarena's Korean Log

Postby Asarena » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:56 am

Time for a progress update!

I've been listening to episodes of NCT Night Night every day now, and I'm glad I decided to that. I can tell my listening skills have been improving, although my understanding can be really hit or miss when listening to NCT Night Night. I only listen to the episodes that are just Johnny and Jaehyun or the episodes that Doyoung appear on as well. On those episodes they read stories that the listeners send in based on a certain topic. Sometimes I understand a lot of the whole episode, then there are episodes where my understanding goes up and down throughout the episode, and then there are episodes that I struggle to understand from start to finish. Like, what were they even talking about? What was the topic of that episode even? Couldn't tell you. Also, the last episode of NCT Night Night was actually a few days ago, but I have a lot of episodes left to listen to, so that's okay for now. Outside of NCT Night Night, I feel like I can understand more of other things as well now. Even when watching things with English subtitles, it only takes a split second to read each subtitle, so I use the remaining time to listen, and I can definitely understand at least some parts of what is said. I've also been listening to more slow songs lately because I can understand more of them than I can of more upbeat songs. In conclusion, my listening and understanding skills are definitely improving, but I still have a long way to go.

For the KGIU Advanced book, I have 23 lessons left, so I think I'll probably finish it sometime in March. Once I finish with it, I think I'll start doing some more reading, listening, etc. in the time that I would have previously used for doing KGIU stuff.

Some of the songs that I've been listening to the past few days:

Also, here's a bonus horror story. One time a few years ago when I was dabbling with Korean, I was speaking in Korean out loud, following along with something, when my mom asked a terrifying question, "Why are you learning Mexican? Do you like Mexican men?" Now, let's take a moment to consider the many problems with this question. First of all, did she mean Spanish? Second of all, does Korean really sound that much like Spanish? Third of all, why was that the first reason for learning a language that she could think of? My mother is an interesting person.
5 x

Asarena
Green Belt

2/1/19

Postby Asarena » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:33 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 3 of season 6 of I Can See Your Voice.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched a DeevaJessica video.

KGIU, Anki, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: I had a migraine most of the day, so I ended up only doing my Anki reviews and adding ten new words to Anki.

SC Progress:
Books- 1904/5000 pages
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

2/2/19

Postby Asarena » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:48 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 4 of season 4 of I Can See Your Voice and a Stray Kids Vlive.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched a DeevaJessica video.

Reading: I read more of Fairy Tail.

KGIU, Anki, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I started lesson 7 of chapter 15 of KGIU Advanced. This lesson is about -기 십상이다.

SC Progress:
Books- 1914/5000 pages (+10)
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

2/3/19

Postby Asarena » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:47 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 5 of season 4 of I Can See Your Voice, part of a Stray Kids Vlive, and part of episode 37 of Omniscient Interfering View.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched a 세바시 video.

KGIU, Anki, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I finished lesson 7 of chapter 15 of KGIU Advanced and did the chapter quiz.

SC Progress:
Books- 1924/5000 pages (+10)
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

2/4/19 & 2/5/19

Postby Asarena » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:13 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 6 of season 4 of I Can See Your Voice, episode 6 of ChenJi's This and That, a Stray Kids Vlive, and the rest of the Stray Kids Vlive that I started watching on Sunday.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched a 선민 video.

Reading: I finished volume 18 of Fairy Tail and started volume 19.

KGIU, Anki, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I did lesson 1 of chapter 16 of KGIU Advanced. This chapter is about expressing inevitability, and the first lesson was about -기 마련이다.

SC Progress:
Books- 1934/5000 pages (+10)

-

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 7 of season 4 of I Can See Your Voice and an NCT Vlive.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched episode 5 of My English Puberty 100 Hours.

KGIU, Anki, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I started lesson 2 of chapter 16 of KGIU Advanced. This lesson is about -는 법이다.

SC Progress:
Books- 1944/5000 pages (+10)
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

2/6/19

Postby Asarena » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:02 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 8 of season 4 of I Can See Your Voice, an NCT Video, and N'-77.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched episode 6 of My English Puberty 100 Hours.

KGIU, Anki, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I finished lesson 2 of chapter 16 of KGIU Advanced and did the chapter quiz.

SC Progress:
Books- 1954/5000 pages (+10)
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

2/7/19

Postby Asarena » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:54 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 9 of season 4 of I Can See Your Voice, an NCT video, and N'-78.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched episode 7 of My English Puberty 100 Hours.

KGIU, Anki, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I started lesson 1 of chapter 17 of KGIU Advanced. This chapter is about expressing enumeration, and the first lesson is about -는가 하면.

SC Progress:
Books- 1964/5000 pages (+10)
0 x

Asarena
Green Belt

2/8/19

Postby Asarena » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:05 am

Eng Subbed Videos: I watched episode 4 of season 6 of I Can See Your Voice and a Stray Kids Vlive.

Unsubbed Videos: I watched episode 8 of My English Puberty 100 Hours.

Audio: I listened to two Iyagis and one episode of NCT Night Night.

Reading: I finished volume 19 of Fairy Tail and started volume 20.

KGIU, Anki, daily Naver Dictionary conversation, Lingodeer: ✓ I finished lesson 1 of chapter 17 of KGIU Advanced.

SC Progress:
Books- 1974/5000 pages (+10)

I've started to feel kind of lost the past few days. I don't really feel like watching any of the shows that I've been watching anymore, but I can't think of anything else that I'd like to watch. The only things I really feel like watching are NCT and Stray Kids videos, but I can only watch those as they're released, and I'm not always in the mood for those either. China is also distracting me. I watched the first season of Idol Producer before, and now the second season is airing and getting subbed, so I keep wanting to watch that instead of Korean shows. Also, WayV debuted last month. WayV is essentially NCT's Chinese unit, although they can't be called NCT because of politics and such. As a fan of NCT, I want to watch all of their videos too of course. I've tried looking at other Korean shows, YouTube channels, and such, but I haven't found any that I feel drawn to at the moment. I'm considering trying to find another Kpop group that I like and going through their videos, but that's not necessarily an easy task either. First, I would have to like the majority of their songs, and then I would also have to like all of the group's members as well. Anyway, this is just something that's been bugging me lately. I'll have to give it some more thought.
0 x

suko
Yellow Belt
Languages: Swedish - English - Korean

Re: Asarena's Korean Log

Postby suko » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:04 am

Have you thought about watching idol producer and WayV videos with korean subs?
I don’t think there are any korean subs for the second season yet because i couldn’t find any, but the first season is on youtube with korean subtitles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAsAUKw_7d8

this channel has some WayV videos with korean subtitles
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCgErwTkOnluedg5syB0ER2w

I’m in the same situation as you right now I feel like I have nothing to watch, when I watch vlive I pretty much only watch bts videos since they’re the group I like the most, but i’ve watched most of them now so I haven’t watched anything on Vlive in a while, I think i’m gonna start watching Nct night night though because it seems like something I can watch and enjoy without being a fully invested fan
1 x

Return to “Language logs”