Wiki Data Entry Problem in Unabridged Audiobooks

Discuss technical problems and features here
MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Wiki Data Entry Problem in Unabridged Audiobooks

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:39 pm

This afternoon (9 Jan 19) around 5 PM local time (USA-Central Standard), I entered some data in the Wiki area for lists of unabridged audiobooks in the French section. The data was accepted and is now visible. When I attempted to enter more data, the Wiki rejected it on the grounds that I was not logged in. Even though I was not logged in the first time. When I attempted to log in via my gmail account, the log-in screen simple sat there mutely, not logging me in and not even acknowledging my attempt to log in. To recap, the Wiki let me enter some data without logging in but refused the next batch because I was not logged in. Tried to log in via gmail, could not.
0 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

Serpent
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: heritage
Russian (native); Belarusian, Polish

fluent or close: Finnish (certified C1), English; Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian
learning: Croatian+, Ukrainian; Romanian, Galician; Danish, Swedish; Estonian
exploring: Latin, Karelian, Catalan, Dutch, Czech, Latvian

Re: Wiki Data Entry Problem in Unabridged Audiobooks

Postby Serpent » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:47 am

wikia has their own technical support. have you tried clearing the cache? in general our wikia allows editing when logged out.
0 x
LyricsTraining now has Finnish and Polish :)
Corrections welcome

MorkTheFiddle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N). Read (only) French and Spanish. Studying Ancient Greek. Studying a bit of Latin. Once studied Old Norse. Dabbled in Catalan, Provençal and Italian.
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 11#p133911

Re: Wiki Data Entry Problem in Unabridged Audiobooks

Postby MorkTheFiddle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 am

Serpent wrote:wikia has their own technical support. have you tried clearing the cache? in general our wikia allows editing when logged out.

Thanks for your reply, Serpent. I need some free time to look into this again.
0 x
Many things which are false are transmitted from book to book, and gain credit in the world. -- attributed to Samuel Johnson

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”