Swahili Resources

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Swahili Resources

Postby rdearman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:50 am

I am looking for an owner for this thread. If you want to manage and update this first post for this language, let me know.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:01 am, edited 60 times in total.
10 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

dgc1970
Yellow Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (beginner)

Re: Swahili Resources

Postby dgc1970 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 am

0 x

Psusennes
Languages: English

Postby Psusennes » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:32 pm

I have a very specific question. I am looking to translate a Swahili name "Nurisha" into Arabic Swahili script . Wanting some resources for this since I am not sure how to translate the Roman back to the Arabic in terms of sound
0 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:36 am

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to your participation in the numerous discussions of all matters pertaining to language-learning. Now then, as to your question, there seem to be only two active members who are studying Swahili but who might not read this resources files: please refer to the “Discussion Threads” section in the original post, just below the brief description of the Swahili language.

One option that you might wish to consider is to click on the above links and pose your question to both members directly in their logs. Still, a quick at their respective Profiles suggests to me that, of the two, SGP would be in a better position to answer your question. Please note that he has merged the above log into his “multi-language learning log” to which he has provided a link. So then, it will be click … go to the bottom of the first log … click again … go to the next opportunity to post a comment. Good luck with your quest!
1 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:17 pm

Added to the list of "Supplemental" resources above (revision of April 2020: relocated to the "Swahili Courses, Supplements, etc." subsection) ... with many thanks to leosmith)!:

Swahili Conversations
https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=154016&sid=9019486ded4761148e22ccaad1db7b35#p154016
leosmith wrote:Per this thread, I have begun developing what is to be a set of at least 100 six minute passages in Tanzanian Swahili. As of this post, 18 are finished and 22 are in work. I expect to have 100 done by the end of January or so; I need them for myself by that time frame, so I am motivated to get it done :D

Each conversation has audio and a transcript. They are one-on-one conversations between native speakers; some are 2 males, some 2 females and some mixed. They are completely free and can be found here at Language Tools. You have to register to see them, but registration is free and easy. Karibuni sana!

EDITED:
Relocation of "Swahili Conversations" in the list of resources.
Last edited by Speakeasy on Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

leosmith
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N)
Spanish (adv)
French (int)
German (int)
Japanese (int)
Korean (int)
Mandarin (int)
Portuguese (int)
Russian (int)
Swahili (int)
Tagalog (int)
Thai (int)

Postby leosmith » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:06 am

Speakeasy wrote:Added to the list of SUPPLEMENTARY resources above (with many thanks to leosmith):

Swahili Conversations
https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=154016&sid=9019486ded4761148e22ccaad1db7b35#p154016
leosmith wrote:Per this thread, I have begun developing what is to be a set of at least 100 six minute passages in Tanzanian Swahili. As of this post, 18 are finished and 22 are in work. I expect to have 100 done by the end of January or so; I need them for myself by that time frame, so I am motivated to get it done :D

Each conversation has audio and a transcript. They are one-on-one conversations between native speakers; some are 2 males, some 2 females and some mixed. They are completely free and can be found here at Language Tools. You have to register to see them, but registration is free and easy. Karibuni sana!

I just wanted to let you know there are finished now, per the last post in that thread.
0 x
https://languagecrush.com/reading - try our free multi-language reading tool

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”