A French Log?

Continue or start your personal language log here, including logs for challenge participants
atrc
Languages: English (N), French (beginner)

A French Log?

Postby atrc » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Hello! I wanted to make my first post after creeping around this forum for a few days. What an amazing resource this has been!

I'm just beginning my French journey - although I'm a bit of a false beginner as I took 'core French' in school up to grade nine.
I've wanted to learn french for a while but had no idea where to start, let alone do it on my own. However now, due to multiple factors
including trying to turn my life around, having a quebecois girlfriend, and potentially living and working in Montreal within the
next five years; learning French has been at the top of my mind!

What have I been doing?
As I was trying to do something productive while I messed about researching courses for far too long, I watched a few episodes of Extr@. Following the plot was easy, but of course I couldn't always parse exactly what they were saying. Hopefully I will try again when I've done more work, I did jump the gun a bit due to over excitement! :D

I felt like a bit of a fool totally butchering anything I tried to pronounce, so I've been working through FSI Phonology. Just finished unit four today.

I watched some of the French In Action videos and I am very intrigued. Luckily, there is a wealth of French resources available at my university library, especially since I study at a bilingual institution. I hope to have my hands on the textbook/workbook/audio soon!

I've greatly enjoyed reading everyones posts. This really seems to be a lovely community of passionate people!

Cheers
5 x

Mohave
Orange Belt
Languages: English (Native),
French (enjoying and still learning the language)
Spanish (Beginner)
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.org/vi ... f=15&t=766

Re: A French Log?

Postby Mohave » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Welcome aboard! I look forward to following your French journey!
1 x
Spanish Motivation: Dec 2018 - Costa Rica
Spanish Pimsleur 3: 6 / 30 Assimil: 56 / 100
Spanish Super Challenge Books: 2 / 50 Movies: 0 / 100
French Super Challenge Books: 24 / 100 Movies: 22 / 100

My Goodreads

zjones
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), French (B1-certified), Spanish and Greek (abandoned)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9860

Re: A French Log?

Postby zjones » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Bonjour et bienvenue !
1 x

Return to “Language logs”