password resets

Discuss technical problems and features here
jeffers
Blue Belt
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Hindi (A2-B1)

Learning: The above, plus French (A2-B1), German (A1), Ancient Greek (?), Sanskrit (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19785

password resets

Postby jeffers » Tue May 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi,

I couldn't login at work, so I requested a new password. The site said that it sent me an email, but nothing came to my inbox (including spam). Is there something wrong with this feature?

Fortunately, I'm still logged in with my home computer. But now I'm nervous about what to do to change my password, since I'll be giving this laptop back to work in a couple of months, and I can't change my password without knowing my current one.
0 x
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien (roughly, the perfect is the enemy of the good)

French SC Books: 0 / 5000 (0/5000 pp)
French SC Films: 0 / 9000 (0/9000 mins)

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Re: password resets

Postby rdearman » Tue May 01, 2018 9:26 pm

jeffers wrote:Hi,

I couldn't login at work, so I requested a new password. The site said that it sent me an email, but nothing came to my inbox (including spam). Is there something wrong with this feature?

Fortunately, I'm still logged in with my home computer. But now I'm nervous about what to do to change my password, since I'll be giving this laptop back to work in a couple of months, and I can't change my password without knowing my current one.

There is an issue with the gmail. PM me the password you want and I will change it in the administrator screen.
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Ogrim
Brown Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N) English (C2), French (C2), Spanish (C2), German (B2), Romansh (B2), Italian (B2), Catalan (B2), Russian (B1), Latin (B2), Dutch (B1), Croatian (A2), Arabic (on hold), Ancient Greek (learning), Romanian (on hold)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?t=873

Postby Ogrim » Fri May 18, 2018 11:16 am

rdearman wrote:
jeffers wrote:Hi,

There is an issue with the gmail. PM me the password you want and I will change it in the administrator screen.

I have the same issue as jeffers and I just sent a message to Administrators about it, but I'll follow your advice and PM you the new password I want. It would be great if you can let me know when you have changed it.
0 x
Ich grolle nicht

Stefan
Green Belt
Languages: -

Postby Stefan » Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 pm

I would say it's unwise to ask for a specific password. Get a random one and then change it yourself afterwards.
0 x

yong321
Orange Belt
Languages: English, Chinese. Spanish, French, Italian, German, reading comprehension only.
Language Log: http://yong321.freeshell.org/misc.html#lang

Postby yong321 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:27 pm

I have exactly the same problem. Requested password last night and I was told an email would be sent but nothing came in. Can someone check the program? Is there a webpage for us to reset password? I can't find it. Thank you!
0 x

PeterMollenburg
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: English (N), French (B2-certified), Dutch (High A2?), Spanish (~A1), German (long-forgotten 99%), Norwegian (false starts in 2020 & 2021)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=18080

Postby PeterMollenburg » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 pm

I’m getting fed up with having to log in all the time! It can be literally 5 seconds after logging in, I’m requested to do it again.
0 x

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Postby Iversen » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:07 am

I found out that I had failed to clear my cache, but the system has functioned since I did it properly (not just clearing the history or clicking at the cookie thing in the bottom right corner). The precise method will of course depend on your choice of browser.

But this has nothing to do with the troubles with the e-mail system, which were there even before the blackout.
2 x

Return to “Technical Support and Feature Requests”