Practice CEFR exams

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Chung
Blue Belt
Languages: SPEAKS: English*, French
STUDIES: Hungarian, Italian, Ukrainian
OTHER: Czech, German, Polish, Slovak
STUDIED: Azeri, BCMS/SC, Estonian, Finnish, Korean, Latin, Northern Saami, Russian, Slovenian, Turkish
DABBLED: Bashkir, Chuvash, Crimean Tatar, Inari Saami, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Latvian, Lithuanian, Meadow Mari, Mongolian, Romanian, Tatar, Turkmen, Tuvan, Uzbek

Practice CEFR exams

Postby Chung » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:20 pm

I recently stumbled upon a set of freely-downloadable practice exams for several languages meant for Hungarian-speaking candidates. For some languages there are also downloadable listening practice exams with the attendant .mp3 files. For what it's worth I've downloaded the files for my target languages just in case I want to get a rough idea of how I'd handle stuff expected at B1, B2 and C1.

For better or worse, all of the instructions and explanations are in Hungarian but one could use Google Translate to get the gist of them. I or anyone who knows Hungarian could translate these and the answer keys one by one to English, but there are just so many files and "ain't nobody got time for that". I haven't had a lot of time lately to check out the forum as I've been making the most of my free time by actually studying. If anyone has a certain exam that he/she wants to try and is dying for a translation, I could do it if I get a PM and find a little bit of time for the forum. I'll try to check my messages here at least once every few days, if not once a week.

Here's the link to the exams.

- Languages available:
Arabic (Arab)
Bulgarian (Bolgár)
Croatian (Horvát)
Czech (Cseh)
Danish (Dán)
Dutch (Holland)
English (Angol)
Esperanto (Eszperanto)
Finnish (Finn)
French (Francia)
German (Német)
Greek (Ujgörög - "New (Modern) Greek")
Hungarian as a foreign language (Magyar mint idegen nyelv)
Italian (Olasz)
Japanese (Japán)
Latin (Latin)
Mandarin (Kínai)
Polish (Lengyel)
Romanian (Román)
Romany (Beás and Lovari dialects)
Russian (Orosz)
Rusyn (Ruszin)
Serbian (Szerb)
Slovak (Szlovák)
Slovenian (Szlovén)
Spanish (Spanyol)
Swedish (Svéd)
Turkish (Török)
Ukrainian (Ukrán)

- Definitions if you need to know what you're downloading:
Feladatok (assignments - i.e. downloadable mock exam)
Hallott szöveg értese mintafeladatok (texts/transcripts for the mock listening exam)
Hanganyag (listening material - i.e. downloadable mp3 for the mock listening exam)
Írásbeli mintafeladatok (mock writing assignmemts)
Megoldások (solutions)
Mintafeladatok (mock assignments/exam)
23 x

tarvos
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Native: NL, EN
Professional: ES, RU
Speak well: DE, FR, RO, EO, SV
Speak reasonably: IT, ZH, PT, NO, EL, CZ
Need improvement: PO, IS, HE, JP, KO, HU, FI
Passive: AF, DK, LAT
Dabbled in: BRT, ZH (SH), BG, EUS, ZH (CAN), and a whole lot more.
Language Log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... PN=1&TPN=1

Re: Practice CEFR exams

Postby tarvos » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Pretty neat. I might use some of these texts in the future to practice some of my weaker languages. Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Greek, and a few others jump to mind.

Also, I'd just translate the Hungarian myself. :p
0 x
I hope your world is kind.

Is a girl.

Chung
Blue Belt
STUDIED: Azeri, BCMS/SC, Estonian, Finnish, Korean, Latin, Northern Saami, Russian, Slovenian, Turkish
DABBLED: Bashkir, Chuvash, Crimean Tatar, Inari Saami, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Latvian, Lithuanian, Meadow Mari, Mongolian, Romanian, Tatar, Turkmen, Tuvan, Uzbek

Postby Chung » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:23 am

Well, I didn't really think that you'd have a problem with instructions and answers in Hungarian, tarvos. :mrgreen:

I would be remiss in not mentioning that I've just found another source of model CEFR exams with answer keys and audio. These are meant for those preparing to take exams from A2 to C1 through the ECL examination system. It seems that several bodies compete to offer certification exams with the ones for European languages aligned to CEFR. I know that for German, certification exams aren't monopolized by one organization (i.e. telc, Goethe Institut, and ECL, with DSD and TestDaF separate from the first three).

The following languages are available on ECL's site:

- Bulgarian (БЪЛГАРСКИ)
- Croatian (Hrvatski)
- Czech (Čeština)
- French
- German (Deutsch)
- Hebrew (עברית)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Polish (Polski)
- Romanian (Limba română)
- Russian (Русский)
- Serbian (Српски)
- Slovak (Slovenčina)
- Spanish (Español)

Despite the site being in English, the instructions in the exams and the answers to comprehension questions or output/translations exercises are in the language being tested. Barring someone here translating them to English (or your native language), you'll have to use Google Translate.
15 x

Jojo
White Belt
Languages: Spanish (L1), English (L2), Italian (Adv), Croatian (Int), French (Int), Egyptian Arabic (Adv Beg), Greek (New Beg), Russian (New Beg)

Postby Jojo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Chung you're the best! This is just what I needed.
0 x
Formerly JohannaNYC

Chung
Blue Belt

Postby Chung » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Jojo wrote:Chung you're the best! This is just what I needed.

Nema na čemu.
0 x

baskerville
White Belt
Languages: Tagalog (Native), English (C2), Hungarian (B1), Japanese (N2), French (A1), German (A1), Spanish (A1)

Postby baskerville » Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am

This is an old thread, but I just want to say thank you to Chung for posting this. I would like to take the Hungarian exam at year end (most probably B1) so I would need these practice exams.
0 x
Hungarian Tracker
Glossika Fluency 3: 9 / 104
Gyakorló Magyar Nyelvtan : 23 / 110
Duolingo: 51 / 78
Assimil: 7 / 85

German Tracker
Babbel Beginner 1: 11 / 23

eido
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (C1)

Postby eido » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 pm

Thank you, Chung. I'm going to take the Spanish exams to see if I'm up to par with where I think I should be, but maybe not where I am. You are a saint!
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”