Natibo - Android app for Glossika (and more!)

All about language programs, courses, websites and other learning resources
Henkkles
Green Belt
Languages: N FI | A EN SV | I EE RU | B FR LN

Re: GlossikaNative - Android app for Glossika

Postby Henkkles » Sat May 12, 2018 9:41 am

crush wrote:I've just updated the app again to make some bug fixes as well as clean up the import process so that it is less likely to allow invalid files to be imported and provides better error messages when invalid packs are being imported.
https://github.com/chickendude/Glossika ... 0.1.6-beta

Next i'm going to be working on adding the course options screen, and once that is done, adding the other two course modes perhaps including the option to make triangulation packs.

Is there a way to be notified when it's available on Play Store?
0 x

crush
Blue Belt
Languages: EN (N), ES, ZH
Maintain: EUS, YUE, JP, HAW
Study: TGL, SV
On Hold: RU

Postby crush » Sun May 13, 2018 10:22 am

Henkkles wrote:
crush wrote:Is there a way to be notified when it's available on Play Store?
I'll post about it here, so if you subscribe to this topic you should get a message. Otherwise i can just PM you when i upload it.
0 x

mpicon
Languages: Spanish, English, Portuguese. Studying Mandarin

Postby mpicon » Tue May 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi.

I'm trying to use the GLS Package Creator but always fails.

Im trying to upload the audio of chinesse mandarin beijing or taiwan (I got both) and the Fluency 1 pdf (ENZHZS-F1-EBK.pdf ), giving me back the message "[INVALID]".

What can I do about it?

Thanks in advance
1 x

kaikai1504
Languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, German, Japanese, Dutch

Postby kaikai1504 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:23 pm

My PDF always says success but the audio files always says invalid. I tried with older and newer files for ENZH and ZS. Also tried with ESM files.
0 x

crush
Blue Belt

Postby crush » Tue May 15, 2018 11:29 pm

mpicon wrote:Hi.

I'm trying to use the GLS Package Creator but always fails.

Im trying to upload the audio of chinesse mandarin beijing or taiwan (I got both) and the Fluency 1 pdf (ENZHZS-F1-EBK.pdf ), giving me back the message "[INVALID]".

What can I do about it?

Thanks in advance
Hey mpicon, are you using the latest version? It's possible the md5 hashes are different. If you're having trouble, feel free to PM me and we can get it working. I'll take a look at it tonight, it's possible that it's not in a working state right now.

kaikai1504 wrote:My PDF always says success but the audio files always says invalid. I tried with older and newer files for ENZH and ZS. Also tried with ESM files.

I'll double-check what's going on, but just to be sure the file names need to be exactly the same as in the original zip file you received from Glossika. If the name or contents have changed, it won't work. Again, if you're still having issues feel free to PM me and we'll get it working :)
0 x

mpicon
Languages: Spanish, English, Portuguese. Studying Mandarin

Postby mpicon » Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 am

I'm new here so apparently I can't send PM :(
0 x

kaikai1504
Languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, German, Japanese, Dutch

Postby kaikai1504 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 am

Attached is three images that will show you the result I am getting. I am posting the complete 20 files as specified.

I tried to PM but the forum isn't allowing me to as I have not yet posted enough. You may contact me at kaikai1504 at yahoo dot com.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

crush
Blue Belt

Postby crush » Wed May 16, 2018 5:28 pm

mpicon wrote:I'm new here so apparently I can't send PM :(

Are you using the course with both together (simplified and traditional)? Or are they separate? My sentences are all in one PDF, containing both the Taiwan and Mandarin course, if you bought the individual courses then your PDF is probably different.
0 x

crush
Blue Belt

Re: Natibo (formerly GlossikaNative) - Android app for Glossika (and more!)

Postby crush » Sun May 20, 2018 1:48 am

Well after Mike Campbell said that the app looks "low-quality" and that it shouldn't be advertised as a Glossika product (i thought that for the five or six people who have used it that it was pretty clear it wasn't an official Glossika product), i've changed the name of the app to "Natibo". I tossed around a few other ideas, like Hiztuna (the Basque word for speaker, literally someone who "has/owns words"), and while i like the sense and feeling behind "Hiztuna" better, as a generally name "Natibo" seems to be a bit easier for non-Basques. I'd love to hear any opinions you all have. I'd like to open it up for other people to be able to produce their own free courses as well if they decide to in the future anyway, so it's a nice step away from that.

I've received a few bug reports which i'm working on fixing and i've also started working on adding in the options screens (people keep asking why it doesn't work :P ). I've been busy at work lately and have been spending my free time supporting more languages, but i've made some progress and minor bug fixes to the app this week.
0 x

desmondhume1
Languages: Chinese Mandarin

Re: Natibo (formerly GlossikaNative) - Android app for Glossika (and more!)

Postby desmondhume1 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:10 am

I'm not able to upload my B files as well, just keeps coming up invalid.
0 x

Return to “Language Programs and Resources”