I need a telugu reader

General discussion about learning languages
Mcanijo
Languages: English Spanish Catalan

I need a telugu reader

Postby Mcanijo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:55 pm

Hey, I'm a curious person and I found this forum about languages where I could ask you something. I have this picture written in telugu language. It might not mean anything directly, but it would be a lot of help if some of you could do a literal translation of these four words... Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

desitrader
Orange Belt
Languages: .
Native / bilingual: English, Bengali.
Fluent: Hindi.
Learning: German (B2), Italian (A2+), Japanese (A1-), Norwegian (A1-).

Re: I need a telugu reader

Postby desitrader » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:07 pm

It's not Telugu. It's a north Indian language... either Gujarati or Rajasthani.
2 x

harikishore
White Belt
Languages: Tamil (N)
Telugu (N)
English (Fluent)
Spanish (Beginner)

Postby harikishore » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Take it from a Telugu Native - This is not Telugu for sure. The first two letters (first word) in the picture was a clue and a quick search revealed that it is Gujarati

The transliteration of the 4 words -> "koi krab kampano nyi". I don't know Gujarati. Google translate says it means "There is no bad vibration"
3 x

Jiwon
Orange Belt
Languages: Korean (native)
English (secondary native)
German (C1)
Hindi (intermediate)

passable: Mandarin, Japanese

Postby Jiwon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:14 pm

Tom wrote:Harkishore it's interesting that you have both Tamil and Telugu as native languages. How did that happen?

Maybe Harkishore has a parent who is a native Tamil speaker, and another parent who is a Telugu speaker?
1 x
कहाँ -
मेरा अधिवास कहाँ?

desitrader
Orange Belt
Languages: .
Native / bilingual: English, Bengali.
Fluent: Hindi.
Learning: German (B2), Italian (A2+), Japanese (A1-), Norwegian (A1-).

Postby desitrader » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Lots of people from Andhra Pradesh live in Tamil Nadu (and vice versa). It's common for the children to learn both languages at a native level.
1 x

harikishore
White Belt
Telugu (N)
English (Fluent)
Spanish (Beginner)

Postby harikishore » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:22 am

Tom wrote:Harkishore it's interesting that you have both Tamil and Telugu as native languages. How did that happen?

Jiwon wrote:Maybe Harkishore has a parent who is a native Tamil speaker, and another parent who is a Telugu speaker?

desitrader wrote:Lots of people from Andhra Pradesh live in Tamil Nadu (and vice versa). It's common for the children to learn both languages at a native level.

Honestly, I'm not being just nice to acknowledge both Jiwon and desitrader, but both are right :). My mom is from Andhra Pradesh and dad is from Tamil Nadu but has Telugu ancestry. I grew up in Tamil Nadu - so school, friends etc are all Tamil, but all my relatives are Telugu. All my life, I've communicated in the two languages equally.

[But, my Telugu proficiency at native level is only speaking. Since I didn't grow up "reading and writing" Telugu, I can't read-write that language as well as Tamil]
6 x

harikishore
White Belt
Telugu (N)
English (Fluent)
Spanish (Beginner)

Postby harikishore » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Tom wrote:... I got excited when I saw that you spoke Tamil as I'm interested in the language and the area. :)

Very glad to know that. Feel free to ping me if you need to anything about the language, or if you need a talking partner...
0 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”