Setswana Study Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
vonPeterhof
Green Belt
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:55 am
Languages: Russian (N), English (C2), Japanese (~C1), German (~B2), Kazakh (~B1), Norwegian (~A2)
Studying daily: German, French, Setswana, Classical Syriac, Finnish
Studying weekly/on-and-off: Avar, Old Church Slavonic, Ingrian, Biblical Hebrew, Yiddish
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1237
x 1146
Contact:

Re: Setswana Study Group

Postby vonPeterhof » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:42 am

zenmonkey wrote:Personally, I will not be attending due to travel.

Same here, I'm afraid.. :oops:
0 x

User avatar
Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Posts: 1830
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Steinkjer, Norway
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7480
x 3922
Contact:

Re: Setswana Study Group

Postby Brun Ugle » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:14 am

You’re all leaving me alone with Rick?!
0 x

User avatar
Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Posts: 1830
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Steinkjer, Norway
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7480
x 3922
Contact:

Re: Setswana Study Group

Postby Brun Ugle » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:18 am

rdearman wrote:Don't suppose anyone would like to write the grammatical overview for the Setswana profile? Grammar isn't really my thing.

I was kind of wondering how you were going to write a profile for a language you barely know. I still wouldn’t feel confident writing the profile for Norwegian and I’ve lived in country for 19 years and started studying the language a year or so before that.
0 x

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 3998
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 8937
Contact:

Re: Setswana Study Group

Postby rdearman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:28 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:
rdearman wrote:Don't suppose anyone would like to write the grammatical overview for the Setswana profile? Grammar isn't really my thing.

I was kind of wondering how you were going to write a profile for a language you barely know. I still wouldn’t feel confident writing the profile for Norwegian and I’ve lived in country for 19 years and started studying the language a year or so before that.

Who else is going to do it if not us?
0 x
: 4 / 100 100 Italian paperbacks:

Lollygagging Podcast available on iTunes

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 3998
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 8937
Contact:

Re: Setswana Study Group

Postby rdearman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Next session is Monday, 12th of November at 20:00 CET.
0 x
: 4 / 100 100 Italian paperbacks:

Lollygagging Podcast available on iTunes

User avatar
Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Posts: 1830
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Steinkjer, Norway
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7480
x 3922
Contact:

Re: Setswana Study Group

Postby Brun Ugle » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:44 am

rdearman wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:
rdearman wrote:Don't suppose anyone would like to write the grammatical overview for the Setswana profile? Grammar isn't really my thing.

I was kind of wondering how you were going to write a profile for a language you barely know. I still wouldn’t feel confident writing the profile for Norwegian and I’ve lived in country for 19 years and started studying the language a year or so before that.

Who else is going to do it if not us?

Right. So, I’d better get cracking learning the grammar then.
0 x

User avatar
zenmonkey
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: Germany and France
Languages: Spanish, English, French trilingual - actively studying German (B2/C1), Hebrew, Tibetan, Setswana.
Some knowledge of Italian, Portuguese, Ladino, Yiddish ...
Want to tackle Tzotzil, Nahuatl
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=859
x 3602
Contact:

Re: Setswana Study Group

Postby zenmonkey » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:00 pm

Tonight's (26.11) session is cancelled due to various conflicts.
0 x
Tagged posts: Language Method Resource
Please feel free to correct me in any language, critique my posts, challenge my thoughts.
I am inconsistency incarnate.
Go study! Publisher of Syriac, Aramaic, Hebrew alphabet apps at http://alphabetsnow.zyntx.com

User avatar
zenmonkey
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: Germany and France
Languages: Spanish, English, French trilingual - actively studying German (B2/C1), Hebrew, Tibetan, Setswana.
Some knowledge of Italian, Portuguese, Ladino, Yiddish ...
Want to tackle Tzotzil, Nahuatl
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=859
x 3602
Contact:

Re: Setswana Study Group

Postby zenmonkey » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Our next session is Monday 10th of December at 20:00 CET.
See you then!
0 x
Tagged posts: Language Method Resource
Please feel free to correct me in any language, critique my posts, challenge my thoughts.
I am inconsistency incarnate.
Go study! Publisher of Syriac, Aramaic, Hebrew alphabet apps at http://alphabetsnow.zyntx.com

User avatar
rdearman
Site Admin
Posts: 3998
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836
x 8937
Contact:

Re: Setswana Study Group

Postby rdearman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:21 pm

zenmonkey wrote:Our next session is Monday 10th of December at 20:00 CET.
See you then!

I suspect this will be that last one of 2018. ;)
0 x
: 4 / 100 100 Italian paperbacks:

Lollygagging Podcast available on iTunes

User avatar
zenmonkey
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: Germany and France
Languages: Spanish, English, French trilingual - actively studying German (B2/C1), Hebrew, Tibetan, Setswana.
Some knowledge of Italian, Portuguese, Ladino, Yiddish ...
Want to tackle Tzotzil, Nahuatl
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=859
x 3602
Contact:

Re: Setswana Study Group

Postby zenmonkey » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:16 am

rdearman wrote:
zenmonkey wrote:Our next session is Monday 10th of December at 20:00 CET.
See you then!

I suspect this will be that last one of 2018. ;)


Yeah, I think so too.
0 x
Tagged posts: Language Method Resource
Please feel free to correct me in any language, critique my posts, challenge my thoughts.
I am inconsistency incarnate.
Go study! Publisher of Syriac, Aramaic, Hebrew alphabet apps at http://alphabetsnow.zyntx.com


Return to “Study Groups”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest