Haitian Creole Study Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
Decidida
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (beginner), Haitian Creole (beginner), Latin (forgotten), Ancient Greek (forgotten)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11359

Re: Haitian Creole Study Group

Postby Decidida » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:14 am

0 x

iguanamon
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Postby iguanamon » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:22 am

I have sent you a private message, Decidida.
0 x

Decidida
Orange Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (beginner), Haitian Creole (beginner), Latin (forgotten), Ancient Greek (forgotten)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11359

Postby Decidida » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Creole is supposedly "easy" because it does not have conjugated verbs. Without verb drills, the student is denied the chance to gain automaticity and to master listening skills.

One of my libraries gives me a free subscription to Pronunciator. I have to skip all speaking exercises as something is wrong with my microphone or too much background noise or with me, but I cannot pass them. Skipping the exercises and completing all the non-microphone parts of the verb drills has increased my listening skills by leaps and bounds. Just a couple days of before and after is shocking me. I added the pronunciator lessons to my core checklist. Just WOW!
1 x

Return to “Study Groups”