Haitian Creole Study Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)
Studies: Catalan
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=797

Re: Haitian Creole Study Group

Postby iguanamon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:26 pm

księżycowy wrote:The files are yellow, which means they require a IU login to download. It is rather unfortunate. Especially now that the Creole Institute has closed.

Did you follow my link? The only file that is yellow is for the text. The audios (as shown in speakeasy's screenshot) are blue for me and can be easily downloaded without an account or password.
Here is Lesson 1

Lesson 2

Lesson 3
Yeah, it's a little tricky to get the link to open. There is a line directly beneath the number in the box that opens the link. Once the player is open, you can save the page as an mp3. Sorry to seem a little impatient with you but the audio is right there for you to download right now. Just do it. The link I provided in the resources section is still valid.
Last edited by iguanamon on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

księżycowy
Blue Belt
Languages: *Native*
English

*Studying*
Biblical Greek, Hebrew, German (Arabic)

*Waiting List*
Irish, Polish, Lithuanian, Italian, Modern Greek, Latin, Old English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese), Vietnamese, Mongolian, Tibetan, Aramaic, Amharic, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Cayuga
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17499

Postby księżycowy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:29 pm

Those are the audio files for A Basic Course in Haitian Creole (also by Albert Valdman), if you click the link for Ann Pale Kreyol it takes you to the audio for Ann Pale Kreyol, which is all in yellow. Unfortunately, the audio to the Basic Course does not match up with the dialogues and such in Ann Pale Kreyol.

I do appreciate the thought behind your suggestion though. :)
0 x
Dead Log
Modern European Log
East Asian Log

DaF Kompakt A1-B1 (Klett) : 1 / 30
Modern German Pronunciation 2e (Hall) : 0 / 7
[Greek and Hebrew TBD]

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Speaks: English (Native); Spanish (C2); Portuguese (C2); Haitian Creole (C1); Ladino/Djudeo-espanyol (C1); Lesser Antilles French Creole (B2)

Postby iguanamon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:41 pm

Sending you a PM
0 x

księżycowy
Blue Belt
English

*Studying*

*Waiting List*
Irish, Polish, Lithuanian, Italian, Modern Greek, Latin, Old English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese), Vietnamese, Mongolian, Tibetan, Aramaic, Amharic, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Cayuga

Postby księżycowy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:41 pm

Ok, I've finally gotten around to uploading the audio to Ann Pale Kreyòl (the full 10 CD version!). [EDIT: Offer to share the audio had unfortunately been rescinded, as I was never able to get in touch with any copyright holders]

I did notice that a few tracks (about three) have a few clicks in them from the ripping process, but the rest are fine. Hopefully I'll be able to fix those few tracks as well.
Last edited by księżycowy on Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
2 x
Dead Log
Modern European Log
East Asian Log

[Greek and Hebrew TBD]

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:12 am

księżycowy wrote:Ok, I've finally gotten around to uploading the audio to Ann Pale Kreyòl (the full 10 CD version!). Considering that it is OOP now, I'm more than willing to share if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM.

I did notice that a few tracks (about three) have a few clicks in them from the ripping process, but the rest are fine. Hopefully I'll be able to fix those few tracks as well.

If OOP isn't some sort of public domain licence, then I'll need to remove this post since as stated in the rules we do not allow, condone or facilitate the sharing of copyrighted content.
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

iguanamon
Black Belt - 2nd Dan

Postby iguanamon » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:20 am

rdearman wrote:
księżycowy wrote:Ok, I've finally gotten around to uploading the audio to Ann Pale Kreyòl (the full 10 CD version!). Considering that it is OOP now, I'm more than willing to share if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM.

If OOP isn't some sort of public domain licence, then I'll need to remove this post since as stated in the rules we do not allow, condone or facilitate the sharing of copyrighted content.

The acronym "OOP" in this instance means "Out Of Print".
0 x

księżycowy
Blue Belt
English

*Studying*

*Waiting List*

Postby księżycowy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:01 pm

rdearman wrote:

I apologize for this. If it's against the rules, by all means, delete my post.

OOP does indeed me "Out of Print" in my above post.
0 x
Dead Log
Modern European Log
East Asian Log

[Greek and Hebrew TBD]

rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Postby rdearman » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:09 pm

Well, out of print, doesn't mean out of copyright. You might want to check with publisher or author to see if it has gone into the public domain.
0 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

księżycowy
Blue Belt
English

*Studying*

*Waiting List*

Postby księżycowy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:14 pm

Fair point.

I did attempt to reach the author, but so far I haven't received a reply. Which could have something to do with the pandemic. I'll keep trying, and see what I can figure out.
0 x
Dead Log
Modern European Log
East Asian Log

[Greek and Hebrew TBD]

Solèy
Languages: English (N), Haitian Creole (Learning)

Postby Solèy » Mon May 11, 2020 4:47 am

Hey everyone this is my first post on here. Had to make an account to say thank you for that incredible resource drop on the front page!
2 x

Return to “Study Groups”