Classical Languages - Study Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
Ogrim
Blue Belt
Languages: Norwegian (N) English (C2), French (C2), Spanish (C2), German (B2), Romansh (B2), Italian (B2), Catalan (B2), Russian (B1), Latin (B1), Dutch (B1), Arabic (learning), Ancient Greek (learning), Romanian (kind of learning)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/viewtopic.php?t=873

Re: Classical Languages - Study Group

Postby Ogrim » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:01 am

RyanSmallwood wrote:Does anyone know which Old Norse audio resources use reconstructed pronunciation rather than modern icelandic pronunciation? I know Jackson Crawford does, though most of his videos are filled mostly with English explanations, though luckily he did 2 Old Norse readings I'm aware of here and here. Its nice to have some examples, but it would be cool to have more extensive recordings, or at least to collect all the available samples together.

I've come across this page which is aimed at Norwegian high school students. There is a short film (30 minutes) where all the actors speak Old Norse, and there is a shorter video presenting a text and how to pronounce it. It is not much but better than nothing and as far as I can tell it is not modern Icelandic pronunciation.

N.B. the page is in Norwegian and so are the subtitles of the short film.
2 x
Ich grolle nicht

Return to “Study Groups”