Classical Languages - Study Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
jonm
Orange Belt
Languages: Native: English
Advanced: Spanish
Intermediate: French, Italian, Portuguese
Beginner: Catalan, Latin, German
Dabbling: Greek, Persian, Hindi, Sanskrit, Japanese
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9402

Re: Classical Languages - Study Group

Postby jonm » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:29 pm

That's too bad about TYS Old Norse being delayed. Teach Yourself isn't my go-to series, but I was planning to check it out. The author, Todd Krause, has a pretty impressive body of work (including, halfway down that page, online lessons for Old Norse and several other old/classical Indo-European languages). Amazon and other online booksellers also have pages for a TYS Gothic by Krause, but I don't think it ever came out. I'd be interested in that too.

Jackson Crawford, who's published several translations from Old Norse and makes YouTube videos about Old Norse and related subjects, has also talked about creating a course one day. I hope he does. He's currently doing a series of video lessons specifically geared toward learning the language. I expect they're good, though personally, I like video for additional extensive practice but would prefer a book with audio for the nuts and bolts.
3 x

Return to “Study Groups”