Bahasa Indonesia untuk Dunia

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
Monox D. I-Fly
Blue Belt

Re: Bahasa Indonesia untuk Dunia

Postby Monox D. I-Fly » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:00 pm

yevonnael wrote:Hello, Indonesian native here, if you have any questions regarding Indonesian, don't hesitate to ask me.

Wah, ada anak Indonesia juga. Indonesianya mana nih? Cewek atau cowok?
1 x
Read 5,000 pages of Arabic books: 5 / 5000
Watch 9,000 minutes of Arabic videos: 19 / 9000

Read 5,000 pages of Japanese books: 1 / 5000
Watch 9,000 minutes of Japanese videos: 297 / 9000

samothin
Yellow Belt
Languages: MS (N), EN (C2)*, ZH (B2)*, TA (A1)*
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9013

Postby samothin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:03 am

Hey guys!

Just wanted to share this YT channel (animasinopal) with you. It's a short cartoon series (below 2mins) in Indonesian with transcript, but no subtitles.

It's currently trending. I find it to be cute, funny and ridiculous. There are some slangs that you might need to research.

Hope you guys enjoy it!
https://youtu.be/xzdERl1Bk5k
3 x

Axon
Blue Belt
Languages: Native English, in order of comfort: Mandarin, German, Indonesian,
Spanish, French, Russian,
Cantonese, Vietnamese, Polish.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5086

Postby Axon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:43 am

Any Star Trek fans around? (Not being super into it, I don't feel like I can use "Trekkies." :D )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZdyoy ... jUQ/videos

It also seems to me that every Star Trek TV series is available on Netflix with Indonesian dubbing, though I can't verify that through my VPN. Anybody know for sure?
0 x

Adrianslont
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Learning Indonesian and French

Postby Adrianslont » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:08 am

Axon wrote:Any Star Trek fans around? (Not being super into it, I don't feel like I can use "Trekkies." :D )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZdyoy ... jUQ/videos

It also seems to me that every Star Trek TV series is available on Netflix with Indonesian dubbing, though I can't verify that through my VPN. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks for that, Axon. I’m not a Trekkie but I’m always on the lookout for “content” to consume and appreciate any heads up you may think of interest.

Learning Indonesian and French has been like growing up again: consuming Thomas the Tank Engine cartoons, Tintin cartoons and books. Sherlock Holmes in French books and audiobooks is my latest thing.

And now Star Trek. I am old enough that I remember the original series when it first aired. I used to watch it but treating tv series like a religion has never been my thing.

Anyway, I watched part of one of the cartoons you linked to and it looks kind of interesting - the drawing doesn’t match Tintin but the story looked appealingly offbeat. I may get back to it when I finish my current fling with Tintin cartoons - I’m going slowly with Indonesian at the moment.

Your link, funnily enough led down the YouTube rabbit hole to exploring cooking videos. There are more than I thought though many are not great quality. I did find the channels Dapur Fithry and My Kitchen Creations which look promising. I guess the field (cooking) is a bit limited and the videos probably won’t stretch me but I like them and the food! It’s all good for me.

Cheers.
2 x

Koneho
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Tagalog (Best) Spanish (Second Best) Mandarin (Clasroom Commands only)

Postby Koneho » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Apa khabar kalian! Aku mau belajar berbahasa indonesia juga. Aku suka bahasa melayu sabah. Sabah dan borneo tidak jauh (di? ke?) Filipin.
1 x

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:53 am

Just stopping by to say that I have completely revised the Indonesian resources file. It includes suggestions from visitors to the file, comments inserted as quotes, and a large number items which did form part of the original list.
2 x

Monox D. I-Fly
Blue Belt

Postby Monox D. I-Fly » Fri May 29, 2020 3:32 pm

Koneho wrote:Apa khabar kalian! Aku mau belajar berbahasa indonesia juga. Aku suka bahasa melayu sabah. Sabah dan borneo tidak jauh (di? ke?) Filipin.

Bukan "di" atau "ke", tapi "dari".
1 x
Read 5,000 pages of Arabic books: 5 / 5000
Watch 9,000 minutes of Arabic videos: 19 / 9000

Read 5,000 pages of Japanese books: 1 / 5000
Watch 9,000 minutes of Japanese videos: 297 / 9000

tvakrinos@fcc.net
White Belt
Languages: 19 languages, too many to list.

Postby tvakrinos@fcc.net » Sat May 30, 2020 2:16 am

I am an aging hyper-polyglot, and I periodically do maintenance of little-used languages in order to keep my bragging rights :) In the last month I have been restudying Bahasa, which I learned and used once, in 2005-2006.

I am also a cognitive psychologist who knows a bit about consolidation research. In order to activate the retrieval path, I first go through all my previous materials and then find more to progress. Slow-down audio is indispensable for consolidation and retrieval.

I would have normally started with Pimsleur and gone on to FSI. But Pimsleur had not yet done bahasa, and to the best of my knowledge there is no Foreign Service Institute course. There may be peace corps materials, but they are usually sketchy and focus on words rather than grammar.

So in 2005, I started with Edward S. King's Speak Malay and write Malay, printed around 1986. These work very well for Bahasa. A friend took the trouble to read them on cassette.

Then I went on to 'teach yourself indonesian', and to an unknown method from the 1970s that had audio. A few years ago I digitized all cassettes. (The books are out of print, but can still be found on ebay sometimes.

Then I went on to Malcolm Mintz's readings in Indonesian and Malay and a further Listening Comprehension - selections from Malaysian and Indonesian history. These come with audio files. Malcolm Mintz was a professor in Australia, I believe. He is retired but still selling the remaining prints of his excellent books. I can give an email address to those who need it.

These materials, which I studied over about 4 months, provided me with most of the vocabulary I needed to deal with my World Bank job at the time. Bahasa does have grammar of course, but one can progress into vocabulary and content quickly. (Unlike Swahili or Albanian, where one is stuck in basic grammar for quite a while.)

Some of these materials are hard to find or just in my hands. I have therefore deposited the 'teach malay' and write malay audio at the fis-courses.yojik.eu website. Also that unknown method I have with its audio files. The Edward King boosk are clearly out of print, and if in principle one could photocopy them for the sake of knowledge. But the glue breaks easily, so I bought a second set from ebay.

In 2017, someone posted a long set of sentences in the more colloquial dialect. The books above clearly don't deal with it, except in one lesson at 'teach yourself indonesian'. So today we must learn that.
3 x

Cèid Donn
Blue Belt
Languages: en-us (n); français, gàidhlig, gaeilge, cymraeg, brezhoneg, español

Postby Cèid Donn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:42 pm

In anyone is interested, after the major update a few weeks back, Clozemaster added TTS for a number of courses that were lacking it, and Indonesian was one of them. The quality isn't perfect--there are some weird quirks (like an excessively breathy final h on words like boleh or apakah from time to time). But if you're like me and don't have a ton of resources for listening practice, it's not bad for TTS, and doing a little practice with it every day over the past couple of weeks has not only helped me with listening to real speakers but triggered dreaming in Indonesian for the first time as well.
3 x
Note from an educator and former ESL/test skills tutor: Any learner, including self-learners, can use the CEFR for self-assessment. The CEFR is for helping learners progress and not for gatekeeping and bullying.

Fortheo
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), French (?) Russian (beginner)

Postby Fortheo » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:05 pm

Are there any learners of Indonesian still out there? This language is on the top of my wanderlust list and I enjoy reading about other people's experiences with it. Hopefully all of your studies are going well.

Have any of you tried the DLI course for Indonesian?
0 x

Return to “Study Groups”