Study group for people tricked into learning CZECH (or SLOVAK) -- those learning of their own free will also welcome

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Re: Study group for people tricked into learning CZECH (or SLOVAK) -- those learning of their own free will also welcome

Postby Cavesa » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:31 pm

I've visited my home country for the end of the year. And of course I went to a bookstore (got a few czech scifi books etc),and noticed a new series of coursebooks. They look a bit thin, but they officially go up to C1. Here is a video presenting them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnsX_Z2QMQg

The name is a bit stupid, "Czech it out", but they are trying to make a modern thing from start to C1.

Perhaps it will be useful to some of you.
5 x

raoulhjo
White Belt
Languages: French (N)
English (B2)
Czech (beginner)

Re: Study group for people tricked into learning CZECH (or SLOVAK) -- those learning of their own free will also welcome

Postby raoulhjo » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:43 pm

Thanks a lot; I will check 'czech it out'.
0 x

Irena
Green Belt
Languages: Serbian (N), English (C2), French (C1), Russian (C1), Czech (C1), dabbled in a couple of others, dreaming of many others

Postby Irena » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:32 am

A small remark for people considering the Czech It UP series: there is an answer key, but you have to go to their web page to download it. You can just download it, no special permission needed. I didn't immediately realize there was an answer key (in fact, I only just realized it :oops: ), but it's obviously very important.

I actually bought their C1 textbook a few months ago, but I ended up not using it. At least not yet. Well... I looked at the topics, and they're your typical cheesy textbook topics, and I decided I'd rather just read books. However, the grammar exercises in particular could be very useful for me, and I should get to them at some point.
6 x

Irena
Green Belt
Languages: Serbian (N), English (C2), French (C1), Russian (C1), Czech (C1), dabbled in a couple of others, dreaming of many others

Postby Irena » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:18 pm

Since I don't have my own log, I suppose this is the best place to post the news: I passed the CCE-C1 exam! :D :D :D I took it in mid-May, and they gave me a code with which to check my results once they became available, and - there they were a couple of days ago. :D Except that my scores are so much better than anything I would have dared to hope for that I keep wondering if there's a mistake. :?
16 x

raoulhjo
White Belt
Languages: French (N)
English (B2)
Czech (beginner)

Postby raoulhjo » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:00 pm

I have been studying Czech with a textbook (le verbe tchèque) for one year. I watched some episodes of 'Games of thrones' dubbed in Czech. I am satisfied to be able to understand some of it. There is still of lot to learn of course. I ordered an easy reader (A2 level) because my vocabulary is insufficient to read the real thing.
2 x

Return to “Study Groups”