Polish group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
moo

Polish group

Postby moo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:47 pm

If anyone would like to discuss Polish language, I'm thinking of refreshing mine. I will attempt to write something but my productive skills are definitely lower than A2 as I have had no contact with the language for over a year and never learnt how to spell. If anyone can make enough sense of my broken Polish to correct it, then that'd be great.

Umium powiedzić jak mój dzien wyglanda, co lubię rubić, lubię uczyć sie jenzyca. Lubię jęnzyca polskiego itd. :)
( HOping more will come back if other people post :) )

I can only refresh and maintain Polish at the moment and see what comes back after a break of not studying it actively.
0 x

moo

Re: Polish group

Postby moo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:05 pm

P.s if anyone is interested, I'll post stuff here that helped me out and I really enjoyed when I was learning Polish more seriously, like this band;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDaH4_-j1bA

:D :D :D
0 x

DCDC
White Belt
Languages: .

Postby DCDC » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:17 pm

moo wrote:
Umium powiedzić jak mój dzien wyglanda, co lubię rubić, lubię uczyć sie jenzyca. Lubię jęnzyca polskiego itd. :)

Umiem powiedzieć jak mój dzień wygląda, co lubię robić, lubię uczyć się języka. Lubię język polski itd

Nieźle Ci idzie. Jeśli chodzi o muzykę, polecam Kult: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCcoN0-M_r4
2 x

Jerrylakly

Polish group

Postby Jerrylakly » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:14 pm

What kind of study group?

ETA: Like how would it be different from the normal exchange of questions and answers on the board?
0 x

IronMike
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: Studying: Esperanto
Maintaining: nada
Tested:
BCS, 1+L/1+R (DLPT5, 2022)
Russian, 3/3 (DLPT5, 2022) 2+ (OPI, 2022)
German, 2L/1+R (DLPT5, 2021)
Italian, 1L/2R (DLPT IV, 2019)
Esperanto, C1 (KER skriba ekzameno, 2017)
Slovene, 2+L/3R (DLPT II in, yes, 1999)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5189

Postby IronMike » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:24 pm

While I'm not studying Polish now, I'd love for this group to take off. I'm a Slavic language lover, so Polish is on my languages-to-study-before-I-die list.
1 x
You're not a C1 (or B1 or whatever) if you haven't tested.
CEFR --> ILR/DLPT equivalencies
My swimming life.
My reading life.

Theodisce
Orange Belt
Languages: Polish (native), speaks: English, Czech, German, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian. Writes in: Latin, Portuguese. Understands: Ancient Greek, Modern Greek, Slovak, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Serbian/Croatian. Studies for passive competence in: Romanian, Slovene, Bulgarian.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1435

Postby Theodisce » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:49 pm

You don't need to study. With your C level Russian, I believe it would be sufficient for you just to listen to Polish content for several hundred hours :) .
1 x
BCS 400+ : 48 / 50
RUS 2800+ : 74 / 100
SPA 1500+ : 128 / 100
CZE 1900+ : 94 / 50

Speakeasy

Postby Speakeasy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Theodisce wrote:You don't need to study. With your C level Russian, I believe it would be sufficient for you just to listen to Polish content for several hundred hours.
To a large extent, I agree. I have studied Polish and Russian to the Intermediate Level. A couple of years ago, sincerely not wishing to offend anyone, I made the off-handed remark on the HTLAL that, from the perspective of an English speaker, Polish is Russian without the Cyrillic alphabet. It was not long before a number of native-speakers took me task! My poorly-phrased comment had been intended to express the notion that, in my experience, developing a reasonably solid base in one of the Slavic languages had facilitated my learning of another Slavic language, just as my learning one Romance language had eased my learning of others.
6 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:18 am

Theodisce wrote:You don't need to study. With your C level Russian, I believe it would be sufficient for you just to listen to Polish content for several hundred hours :) .

0 hours
Audiobook (US pulp)
Incomprehensible. I can recognize the occasional word. I sort of feel like dropping the idea.
Audiobook, (HC Andersen)
I can understand some mini scenes and narrative kernels. Very motivating.

Prior exposure: a couple of hours of TV watching in the 1990s.
2 x

eido
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (C1)

Postby eido » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:05 pm

I'll keep an eye on this thread. I would be a heritage speaker if I learned this. I have a lot of random phrases I know and could share if I learned to spell. Some slang and arcane stuff. My dream is to speak Polish with the same expressiveness that I speak English with, the same quality. We'll see if I get there. When I'm not on a mobile device, I'll post some links to Polish-American polkas me and my family reference a lot. Anyone heard of "I Like My Kiełbasa Better Than Her" or something that goes, "I don't want her, you can have her / She's too fat for me"? Such things exist! Anyway, happy learning, everybody.
1 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 pm

I wouldn't want Eido to develop a wandering eye watching this thread.
2 x

Return to “Study Groups”