Russian Study Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
User avatar
Radioclare
Brown Belt
Posts: 1020
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:59 pm
Location: England
Languages: Speaks: English (N), Esperanto, German, Croatian
Learns: Russian
x 2887
Contact:

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby Radioclare » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:16 pm

MamaPata wrote:Hopefully visible in the attachment. It may not be the best option but it works for me.


Thank you :) :)

I got the wiktionary one working and that's incredibly useful! The second one doesn't work for me for some reason - I get a weird error saying "405 not allowed" - but never mind :lol:
0 x

User avatar
MamaPata
Blue Belt
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:25 am
Location: London
Languages: English (N), French (C1*), Russian (B1), Spanish (B1).

Long lost: Arabic and Latin.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3004
x 1660

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby MamaPata » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Radioclare wrote:
MamaPata wrote:Hopefully visible in the attachment. It may not be the best option but it works for me.


Thank you :) :)

I got the wiktionary one working and that's incredibly useful! The second one doesn't work for me for some reason - I get a weird error saying "405 not allowed" - but never mind :lol:


Wiktionary works for most things for me (but you often have to search for the infinitive/nominative form, just start copying the word in the search box and it normally turns up). I sometimes do a google but it tends to be stuff I don’t need as much. It’s not good for phrases though.
1 x
Corrections appreciated.

User avatar
Jaleel10
Blue Belt
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:44 am
Location: Springbok, South Africa
Languages: Afrikaans (N), English (N)
Spanish (Intermediate - High)
Japanese (Beginner - Low)
x 915
Contact:

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby Jaleel10 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:19 am

Are there any templates or worksheets to practice the Russian script? For both print and cursive
0 x

Arnaud
Blue Belt
Posts: 891
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:57 am
Location: France
Languages: French (N), Russian (int)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=1524
x 1913

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby Arnaud » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Jaleel10 wrote:Are there any templates or worksheets to practice the Russian script? For both print and cursive

In Google, Yandex, or VK.com, you can search for прописи.
"Russian alphabet, русский алфавит" in Google should also lead to something...
In the first volume of Modern Russian, there are also a lot of exercices of reading/writing in cursive.
0 x

User avatar
MamaPata
Blue Belt
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:25 am
Location: London
Languages: English (N), French (C1*), Russian (B1), Spanish (B1).

Long lost: Arabic and Latin.
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3004
x 1660

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby MamaPata » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:07 pm

Jaleel10 wrote:Are there any templates or worksheets to practice the Russian script? For both print and cursive


Someone recommended a script practice site which is listed in the resources post at the start of this thread. I can’t comment on it because I learnt the script before I found this forum but might be useful?
0 x
Corrections appreciated.

User avatar
Jaleel10
Blue Belt
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:44 am
Location: Springbok, South Africa
Languages: Afrikaans (N), English (N)
Spanish (Intermediate - High)
Japanese (Beginner - Low)
x 915
Contact:

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby Jaleel10 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:54 am

Thanks, guys o7
0 x

ilmari
Orange Belt
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:12 am
Languages: Fluent - French (N), English, Hebrew, Japanese.
Intermediate - Korean, Finnish, Spanish, Russian.
Studying (now) - Russian, Finnish, Estonian.
Dabbling - Italian, Polish, Yiddish, Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Urdu, Indonesian, Māori, Latin, Esperanto.
Would love to study - Swedish, Swahili, Ancient Greek, and so many more.
x 279

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby ilmari » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:28 am

Jaleel10 wrote:Are there any templates or worksheets to practice the Russian script? For both print and cursive

You could also have a look at this Propisi series:
https://russianstepbystep.com/books/propisi/
0 x

risbolle
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 pm
Languages: Russian (N)
Actively learning: Spanish (beginner)
x 11

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby risbolle » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:15 am

insight wrote:Hi everyone! I'm Marina, I'm new here. I've been learning Russian for about six months now, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on interesting youtube channels (not Russian teachers). For now, I know and occasionally watch video by these channels: Dilya Nalune, Моя Планета, ВОЛЬНОМУ - ВОЛЯ!, but that's about it. I checked out other channels (the most popular ones, actually) but didn't really find anything interesting. Do you have any recommendation? In case it might help, I'm mainly into traveling, people, society, anthropology, psychology, art, lifestyle (but not really into fashion/beauty). Thank you!


I thought you might find this one interesting: https://www.youtube.com/user/JonandEva

I've only watched a handful of their videos, mostly those on the topic of language learning (which was how I stumbled across this channel), but it looked fun. I thought Jon's Russian was truly exceptional for a native English speaker (Eva's English is great, too).
3 x

User avatar
insight
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:31 pm
Location: Italy
Languages: Italian (N), English (C1), Russian (~B1), French (B1+), Spanish (B1+)
x 10

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby insight » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:14 pm

risbolle wrote: I thought you might find this one interesting: https://www.youtube.com/user/JonandEva

I've only watched a handful of their videos, mostly those on the topic of language learning (which was how I stumbled across this channel), but it looked fun. I thought Jon's Russian was truly exceptional for a native English speaker (Eva's English is great, too).


Thank you! I noticed that they generally speak quite clearly, so is not particularly difficult to understand what they say, and their videos look interesting, so I'm definitely going to watch some of them.
1 x

Kess
White Belt
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:16 am
Location: Russia
Languages: Russian (N), English (pre- intermediate)
x 23
Contact:

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby Kess » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:47 am

risbolle wrote:
insight wrote:Hi everyone! I'm Marina, I'm new here. I've been learning Russian for about six months now, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on interesting youtube channels (not Russian teachers). For now, I know and occasionally watch video by these channels: Dilya Nalune, Моя Планета, ВОЛЬНОМУ - ВОЛЯ!, but that's about it. I checked out other channels (the most popular ones, actually) but didn't really find anything interesting. Do you have any recommendation? In case it might help, I'm mainly into traveling, people, society, anthropology, psychology, art, lifestyle (but not really into fashion/beauty). Thank you!


I thought you might find this one interesting: https://www.youtube.com/user/JonandEva

I've only watched a handful of their videos, mostly those on the topic of language learning (which was how I stumbled across this channel), but it looked fun. I thought Jon's Russian was truly exceptional for a native English speaker (Eva's English is great, too).


In this movie , a letter "ё" - wrote wrong, it needs write with two points.
0 x


Return to “Study Groups”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests