Russian Study Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
vonPeterhof
Blue Belt
Languages: Russian (N), English (C2), Japanese (~C1), German (~B2), Kazakh (~B1), Norwegian (~A2)
Studying: Kazakh, Mandarin, Coptic
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1237

Re: Russian Study Group

Postby vonPeterhof » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:46 pm

a386942 wrote:Hi everyone!

Could someone please write down the Russian text from 0:11 to 0:23 in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx2CyNApUQo

The English text is this (the translation is not literal):
"And if we go bankrupt in the process, we won't be a legal aid office. Hunt has an army of lawyers and they are ready to bury us." "You and I against an army? I love those odds." "Why do you hate me?"

I am interested in what exactly they say in Russian. Could someone help me with this?

"А если мы обанкротимся в процессе, то ими* и не будем. У Ханта армия юристов, они зароют нас в землю." "Мы с тобой против армии! Обожаю такие шансы." "За что ты меня не любишь?"

*ими stands for the word юрисконсультами from the preceding line.
2 x

leosmith
Brown Belt
Languages: English (N)
Spanish (adv)
French (int)
German (int)
Japanese (int)
Korean (int)
Mandarin (int)
Portuguese (int)
Russian (int)
Swahili (int)
Tagalog (int)
Thai (int)

Postby leosmith » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:40 am

I just though I'd share this first Language Tools Russian Conversation with you guys.
Audio here.
Transcript here.
I'm going to make 99 more of these, which you can use for free. :D
(related thread)
5 x
https://languagecrush.com/reading - try our free multi-language reading tool

AlexKoto
Languages: Native Russian, learn English

Postby AlexKoto » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:39 am

Hello everyone!
My name Alex, I am a Russian native speaker. I worк as an android developer (programmer). Im 30 years old.
You may ask me about coding or start a conversation with me related to any topic you learn on your russian courses. Also you may send me jokes, memes and any similar texts you want to discuss with me. :) I will be glad to talk to you!
I look for English native speckers who could help me improve my English.
Contacts: kotomoto1000 [at] yahoo [dot] com (remove gaps, replace [at] with @, and [dot] with . respectivetly)
Have a nice day
0 x

yaelisaway
Languages: French, Hebrew, English, Spanish , studying russian

Postby yaelisaway » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi,
I am looking for someone that is / has learnt russian With Pimsleur ? I have a few questions about it , specially about level 4 and 5. Anyone ? Thank you
0 x

leosmith
Brown Belt
Spanish (adv)
French (int)
German (int)
Japanese (int)
Korean (int)
Mandarin (int)
Portuguese (int)
Russian (int)
Swahili (int)
Tagalog (int)
Thai (int)

Postby leosmith » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:36 am

yaelisaway wrote:Hi,
I am looking for someone that is / has learnt russian With Pimsleur ? I have a few questions about it , specially about level 4 and 5. Anyone ? Thank you

I used 1-3 only.

Hey all, I was looking for something to watch in Russian after finishing "Better than Us" (Лучше, чем люди...not sure why they didn't translate it directly), and came upon this excellent post for series on Netflix and Amazon Prime.
2 x

Thala
Yellow Belt
Languages: Native: English (N), Bulgarian (N)
Learning: Greek (A1), Russian (A2)
On hold: Spanish (B1)
Future: Italian, German, Portuguese, Norweigan, Korean, Mandarin
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... p?p=146347

Postby Thala » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:22 pm

leosmith wrote:
yaelisaway wrote:Hi,

I used 1-3 only.

Hey all, I was looking for something to watch in Russian after finishing "Better than Us" (Лучше, чем люди...not sure why they didn't translate it directly), and came upon this excellent post for series on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Great link, thank you! Лучше, чем люди was an awesome show. Other than that one, so far I've seen:

Мажор: Loved it, still need to see s3
Метод: Enjoyed it up to a point then I was bored. Paulina Andreeva is an amazing actress!
Кухня: My first Russian show, which I started watching after my mum who speaks Russian well spent many days bingeing it. Really nice show to relax with.
Коп: I found the concept so hilarious I had to watch it without subs. An American cop is sent to Russia to work in a Russian police department. Many typical American and Russian stereotypes play out. The actor is Russian but plays an American so he has to fake a bad accent. Which is hilarious because his grammar is absolutely spotless despite the fake bad accent.

Russia does crime shows so well haha. But according to my Russian tutors, Russians consider Russian shows and music really bad.
4 x
Language Transfer Greek: 120 / 120 (120/120 lessons)
Greek iTalki Lessons: 9 / 100 (9/100 lessons)
Russian iTalki Lessons: 11 / 100 (11/100 lessons)

irbytremor
Languages: English (N), French (C1), Italian (B1), Russian (B1), Korean (beginner)

Postby irbytremor » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:36 pm

leosmith wrote:I just though I'd share this first Language Tools Russian Conversation with you guys.
Audio here.
Transcript here.
(related thread)

Thanks so much for this, it's really useful and just the right level for me. Are there PDF transcripts for the other conversations too, or do I need to read them on languagetools.io instead? Would be handy having an offline copy. Either way thanks very much indeed! :D
1 x

leosmith
Brown Belt
Spanish (adv)
French (int)
German (int)
Japanese (int)
Korean (int)
Mandarin (int)
Portuguese (int)
Russian (int)
Swahili (int)
Tagalog (int)
Thai (int)

Postby leosmith » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:35 am

irbytremor wrote:
leosmith wrote:I just though I'd share this first Language Tools Russian Conversation with you guys.
Audio here.
Transcript here.
(related thread)

Thanks so much for this, it's really useful and just the right level for me. Are there PDF transcripts for the other conversations too, or do I need to read them on languagetools.io instead? Would be handy having an offline copy. Either way thanks very much indeed! :D

I'm glad to say these are finished now. You can read and listen to them online for free. You can download transcripts as a premium member for personal use.
2 x

Vasa
Languages: Russian (N), English (A2)

Postby Vasa » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:10 pm

Radioclare wrote:Ultimately my goal is to speak well enough to be able to travel in Russia without being terrified

What do you whant to see in Russia?
0 x

Vasa
Languages: Russian (N), English (A2)

Postby Vasa » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:14 pm

Hello!
If you want to practice Russian, contact with me.
Have a nice day.
0 x

Return to “Study Groups”