There is a wealth of German content to be found. I used among others these:
- youtube: German youtubers, just search for something you're interested in
- documentaries. I enjoyed "Deutschland von oben" which is on youtube.
- German TV: They offer a lot for free without geoblocking, and the programmes usually come with subtitles
- Tatort. Is available on daserste.de. Tatort is rather difficult to follow.
- I also used a lot of podcasts from German radio. Sometimes a transcript is available, I think that was the case for SWR2 wissen
I never used dubbed series, but that is because I don't like it. I don't see the point when German offers so much valuable authentic content.
Going forward I have noted a couple of series that I want to watch:
- Babylon Berlin
- Deutschland 83
Aber im Moment arbeite ich hauptsächlich mit Spanisch.
Tlernen wrote:I am wondering what TV shows or movies you guys have been using successfully for German immersion? Where do you find your immersion content? How many minutes or hours each day are you actively immersing? I've been having great success watching German audio dubs of anime series and movies on German Netflix, Amazon Prime and Animax. German dubs of animation do not distract me in the same way that German dubs of "The A-Team" or some live-action show might, where the lips are way out of sync. In this sense, I find animation more forgiving. There is also a massive amount of anime with excellent German dubs.