That European origins doc covers what is old archaeology, from 2012 and 2017. We're talking about less than a handful of finds and no idea how they got there. Multiple points of separate evolution is a stretch enough, but this hypothesis is nothing like a challenge to African origins of homo sapiens. It excites the Herrenvolk though.
Es gibt viele wertige Dinge gesehen zu werden auf Arte (ich schaue es mir ziemlich oft an, hauptsächlich in französischer Sprache), aber es ist auch nicht immun gegen Quacksalberei.
An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
- Le Baron
- Yellow Belt
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:14 pm
- Location: Pays-Bas
- Languages: English (N). Dutch (C2). French (B2). German (B1). Esperanto (a very worthy language). Studying: Spanish, Swahili, rather slowly, but surely. Also Sranantongo in the past with my wife, but it has lapsed.
- x 97
- Orange Belt
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:11 pm
- Location: USA
- Languages: Speaks: English (N), German
Learns: Danish, Norwegian
- x 335
tungemål wrote:AlOlaf wrote:I'm constantly searching the Internet for German-language documentaries...
Have you seen "Deutschland von oben"? Very interesting documentary on society and history.
I'd never heard of "Deutschland von oben" before. I watched part of an episode, and the photography and graphics are stunning. I find the backround music mildly annoying, but the camera work is so superb and the subject material so interesting, I've decided to watch all four seasons from the beginning. Outstanding recommendation. Thank you.
- Black Belt - 1st Dan
- Posts: 1911
- Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 6:13 am
- Location: Currently? Horn of Africa
- Languages: Russian, 3/3 (DLPT, 2021) 2+ (OPI, 2021)
Esperanto, C1 (KER skriba ekzameno, 2017)
Italian, 1L/2R (DLPT, 2019)
BCS, 3L/2+R/2S (DLPT in, oh God, 1999!)
Slovene, 2+L/3R (DLPT in, yes, 1999)
- Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5189
- x 4530
I will join this august group next month when I start a full-time German course. Looking forward to working together!
You're not a C1 (or B1 or whatever) if you haven't tested.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests