Spanish Group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
Andy E
Yellow Belt
Languages: *
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=8001

Re: Spanish Group

Postby Andy E » Mon May 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Balltongue wrote:I think someone's getting a cut on ads..... LOL

I think it's more like I'm promoting my own service...

https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =14&t=7501
1 x

ed101langs
White Belt

Postby ed101langs » Tue May 08, 2018 6:35 am

Please accept my apologies if this appears to be Spam.
That was the last thing I wanted.

I'll ensure my previous post is deleted as I can see it is not welcome.

Edmund
0 x

NoManches
Blue Belt
Languages: English - (N)
Spanish - B2 +
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7942

Postby NoManches » Wed May 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Spoonary wrote:Brilliant! Again, I'm pleased to see that so many people are going to be taking part. Let's just hope this enthusiasm lasts. :P

Now, when shall we start? My copy should be here by the end of next week, so I think Saturday 12th would be a good start date to set for me. That said, I don't want everyone to have to wait around for little old me :oops:

I don't mind waiting until May 12th! If other members want to wait longer I could do that too (I'm working on another book right now anyway :D ).

I have to make sure I can read the book on my ancient Kindle Fire because the version I bought will not work on my new Kindle Paper White.

So........May 12th works for me. Anybody else have a date they would prefer to start on? Although nothing is preventing you from starting today, but it would be cool if a bunch of us started at the same time so we can help each other out and talk about different things going on in the book.
0 x
DOUBLE Super Challenge
Spanish Movies
: 10795 / 18000

Spanish Books
: 4415 / 10000

Expugnator
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native Brazilian Portuguese#advanced fluency English, French, Papiamento#basic fluency Italian, Norwegian#intermediate Spanish, German, Georgian and Chinese (Mandarin)#basic Russian, Estonian, Greek (Modern)#just started Indonesian, Hebrew (Modern), Guarani
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9931

Postby Expugnator » Wed May 09, 2018 10:30 pm

I'm starting on Friday because I'm finishing my current read tomorrow.
4 x
Corrections welcome for any language.

coldrainwater
Blue Belt
Languages: EN(N), ES(rusty), DE(), FR(studies)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7636

Postby coldrainwater » Thu May 10, 2018 7:25 am

Friday works for me as well. Should be able to knock out what is left of my current read tomorrow or Friday. Received my used paperback copy in the mail today. Agree that starting as a group is a good plan.
1 x

garyb
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Native: English
Advanced: Italian, French
Intermediate: Spanish
Beginner: German, Japanese
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1855

Postby garyb » Thu May 10, 2018 8:13 am

I'll join! I just finished my current Spanish book so was looking for another to start on, and this one sounds good.
3 x

Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Postby Spoonary » Thu May 10, 2018 6:47 pm

You'll have to start without me, guys. I don't even think my book has been dispatched yet as the order is still showing as 'processing'. I have sent book depository an email so we'll see what they say, but I kind of wish I hadn't cancelled my amazon.es order now :roll:

Edit: My book doesn't seem to have been dispatched yet; apparently there's a problem with the supplier. I'm waiting for some more info before I decide whether to cancel or not. If anyone else ordered the copy I recommended, I now recommend that you cancel your order and look somewhere else. :|
0 x

Brun Ugle
Black Belt - 2nd Dan
Languages: English (N), Norwegian (~C1/C2), Spanish (B1/B2), German (A2/B1?), Japanese (very rusty)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=11484

Postby Brun Ugle » Fri May 11, 2018 10:45 am

Spoonary wrote:You'll have to start without me, guys. I don't even think my book has been dispatched yet as the order is still showing as 'processing'. I have sent book depository an email so we'll see what they say, but I kind of wish I hadn't cancelled my amazon.es order now :roll:

Edit: My book doesn't seem to have been dispatched yet; apparently there's a problem with the supplier. I'm waiting for some more info before I decide whether to cancel or not. If anyone else ordered the copy I recommended, I now recommend that you cancel your order and look somewhere else. :|

I ordered from Amazon and my order is supposed to arrive on the 22nd, so you’ll have to start without me too. I’ll also be going to Bratislava on the 28th, so I’ll probably end up waiting until I get back and then catching up.
0 x

Stelle
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N1), French (N2), Spanish (advanced), Tagalog (basic), Russian (beginner)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=13312

Postby Stelle » Fri May 11, 2018 11:05 am

I wasn’t able to cancel my order, so my English copy will be arriving shortly. Just like my English copy showed up at the library during the last read-along.

Oh well.
0 x

Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Postby Spoonary » Fri May 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Stelle wrote:I wasn’t able to cancel my order, so my English copy will be arriving shortly. Just like my English copy showed up at the library during the last read-along.

Oh well.

Can't you send it back Stelle?

I ended up cancelling my Book Depository order and going back to Amazon.es. :lol: I paid for faster postage so it should be with me on Sunday (if not, I'll be putting my Spanish to use and giving them a piece of my mind like I did Book Depository, in a nice, polite way of course).

By all means though, you get that thread created guys, and crack on with the reading. I'll catch up when my book arrives. :P
3 x

Return to “Study Groups”