Italian study group

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
Spoonary
Blue Belt
Languages: English (N)
Español (Adv), Italiano (Int), Esperanto (I try)

Re: Italian study group

Postby Spoonary » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:24 pm

sgiandubh wrote:I was inspired by your post and have a copy en route even as I type. Since I am not of the actively commenting sort, I anticipate reading along in my own silence -- but will enjoy it ;-)
thanks for the inspiration.

I'm really glad to hear that, Eva! Although you don't want to discuss the book while you read, I would love to hear your thoughts when you finish it. :P
1 x

Nathan_Canada
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Italian (Intermediate), French (Beginner)

Postby Nathan_Canada » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:49 pm

Maybe a bit late but I'll try to join in as well, although I'd need to find a copy of the book first.
2 x

BalancingAct
Orange Belt
Languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, English (Prof.), French (Adv. - Prof.), Italian (Adv.), German (Adv. receptive), Spanish (Int. receptive)

Postby BalancingAct » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 am

I have a simplified version of the book (classed as B1). Thanks to this thread, I dug it out and have just read the first 15 pages in one go (not counting 2 pages of illustration). I'll try to finish it next week.
2 x

Spoonary
Blue Belt

Postby Spoonary » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:11 am

Oh it's never too late to join us, so don't worry about that. It's great to have some more interest actually. :) I'm still on page 30, with a plan to read quite a bit today.

Nathan, do you have an ebook reader? Perhaps that would be the easiest way for you to get the book?
1 x

Nathan_Canada
White Belt
Languages: English (N), Italian (Intermediate), French (Beginner)

Postby Nathan_Canada » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:10 am

Thanks for your reply, I don't have an e-reader, but I looked up 'Io Non Ho Paura pdf' and the entire book (I think) came up; 211 pages, so if this is a legal copy and the entire book I will just read this. If not I can buy it on iBooks and read it on my mac. Either way I don't think I could get it onto Lingq which would be ideal for me, because I still need to look up a fair number of words. Nevertheless I don't think the book is too challenging for me and will give it a go, although I will probably be a bit behind you guys as I'm a slow reader and also in the middle of another book now.

If you were to start a thread I would be happy to join in, I think it would boost all of our motivation as well to actually complete the book. I know sometimes I find it hard to stay on track. :roll:
2 x

bpasseri
White Belt
Languages: .
Native: English
Advanced: Spanish, French
Intermediate: Italian, Portuguese
Beginner: Mandarin Chinese
Dabbled: Japanese, Greek, German, Esperanto
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7995

Postby bpasseri » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 am

Nathan_Canada wrote:Thanks for your reply, I don't have an e-reader, but I looked up 'Io Non Ho Paura pdf' and the entire book (I think) came up; 211 pages, so if this is a legal copy and the entire book I will just read this. If not I can buy it on iBooks and read it on my mac. Either way I don't think I could get it onto Lingq which would be ideal for me, because I still need to look up a fair number of words. Nevertheless I don't think the book is too challenging for me and will give it a go, although I will probably be a bit behind you guys as I'm a slow reader and also in the middle of another book now.

If you were to start a thread I would be happy to join in, I think it would boost all of our motivation as well to actually complete the book. I know sometimes I find it hard to stay on track. :roll:

Thank you for mentioning the PDF version! I'm also going to try to work my way through it :D
0 x
: 1900 / 2500 ES Books
: 390 / 4500 ES Movies

: 480 / 2500 FR Books
: 90 / 4500 FR Movies

: 0 / 2500 IT Books
: 0 / 4500 IT Movies

: 250 / 2500 PT Books
: 360 / 4500 PT Movies

sgiandubh
White Belt
Languages: Studies (sometimes)
It, Eng, Esp, Fin, Fr, Cat, Gàidhlig,
Someone said Cookies for Finnish?

Postby sgiandubh » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:21 am

I'll just add a couple of comments: First, thanks for mentioning the pdf- i hadn't bothered to look -
likely its not a legal copy, I don't think that this work is in the public domain - however authors don't get paid on resale of used books either so....
But this is very fortunate since I still wait for my purchased copy to arrive ;-)

While i dont know how to get it into linq -- it IS easy to get into readlang if you'd like -- Calibre (which is freely available) can convert the pdf to epub which can then be used in readlang.
Happy reading.
1 x
: 7 / 100 Doing things!

:ugeek: 8-)

Spoonary
Blue Belt

Postby Spoonary » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Nathan_Canada wrote:If you were to start a thread I would be happy to join in, I think it would boost all of our motivation as well to actually complete the book. I know sometimes I find it hard to stay on track. :roll:

Good idea! As there are now a few of us reading the book, I have created a thread where we can discuss it. See you all there! :mrgreen:
0 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:43 am

This is so much better than the TAC, guys!
0 x

Cavesa
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Czech (N), French (C2) English (C1), Italian (C1), Spanish, German (C1)

Postby Cavesa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:24 am

Interested in Italian music? Here is an awesome (legally free) streaming site with everything from the years 1900-2000
http://www.canzoneitaliana.it/
3 x

Return to “Study Groups”