Team Nordic [study and support group]

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
Celtmists
Languages: English (N), Swedish (B?)

Re: Team Nordic [study and support group]

Postby Celtmists » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi I'm David in the UK and just joined. I'm trying to find anyone Swedish or learning Swedish as I used to live in Sweden for about 4 years in the Nineties and generally have chats about the language etc. as I'm a bit out of practice these days.

Hope someone can help....

0 x

SGP
Blue Belt
Languages: DE (native), EN (C2), ES (B2), FR (B2); some more at various levels
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 30#p120230

Postby SGP » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Celtmists wrote:Hi I'm David in the UK and just joined. I'm trying to find anyone Swedish or learning Swedish as I used to live in Sweden for about 4 years in the Nineties and generally have chats about the language etc. as I'm a bit out of practice these days.

Hope someone can help....

Hi David, I am also among those who should practice some more. As soon as you are able to send PMs, you definitely can PM me :). Chances are that sending and receiving wouldn't work right now, because it only is enabled after, I think, 5 posts. But looking forward to hearing from you. And more more thing: yes, my list of languages states that while the maximum Swedish reading ability of mine is B2, the minimum speaking ability is pre-A1. But that is about oral speech, not about writing (which is much closer to B2 than to pre-A1). So there's no need to worry :lol:.
0 x
Previously known as SGP. But my mental username now is langmon.

Log

Celtmists
Languages: English (N), Swedish (B?)

Postby Celtmists » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:25 pm

Hej SGP

Jag tror att en av de bästa väg att borja är att titta och lyssna samtidigt på Engelska filmer med den oversättning på Svensk nedan som du kan finna med YouTube. Den samma väg jag har gjört....

Hoppas det hjälpa dej.... :)
0 x

Eriol
White Belt
Languages: Swedish (N), English (advanced), Current target: Finnish, Past studies: German, Russian, Portuguese, French, Turkish.

Postby Eriol » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:54 am

Hi!

Most likely nobody will remember me, but I was somewhat active on the HTLAL-forums a long time ago. Then life kind of got in the way of my independent language learning and I haven't done anything actively with any of "my" languages in the past five years or so. But now I'm more or less forced back in here since I have taken up studying Finnish more seriously. The background is the following:

I'm a native Swedish-speaker residing in Sweden with my Finnish wife and 10-month-old daughter that we are planning to raise bilingually. The last few years have been way to busy in terms of work and other stuff to really get me started in Finnish, but now I'm on parental leave with a little bit more time to work on the language. I have some of the basics already so I'm not really a total beginner.

Current study methods:

- I'm attending an evening course for beginners. This amounts to 2 hours per week with some homework which so far hasn't been very demanding.
- I have started the FSI Conversational Finnish-course. Right now moving into unit 3, but I find it quite difficult and I think I will need to go back to previous units for revision several times. Biggest problem is finding the time and concentration to do this.
- I try to add all unknown words into Anki. Current wordcount: 249.

I don't think I will start a log on this forum, but I will check in now and then and try to help with questions about Swedish (and the little Finnish I know which is mostly cultural stuff).

Edit: Decided to start a log after all, here it is: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=10256
4 x

Stefan
Green Belt
Languages: -

Postby Stefan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Sweden had SweSAT this week which, as always, included 20 word questions with multiple choice:

https://www.svt.se/special/tbPJjpnAl/
0 x

cathrynm
Orange Belt
Languages: Japanese(JLPT N3), Finnish(beginner), English(native)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=721

Postby cathrynm » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:53 am

Hey Eriol. I'm also learning Finnish. I was also at HTLAL, I've been muddling about these forums for years, trying to improve at Japanese and Finnish.
1 x

Sun
Languages: English, French, Spanish and German.

Postby Sun » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:33 pm

Hello everybody ! I am new in this forum. I have been learning Swedish for a while, but I still have problems with listening and pronunciation. If you could suggest some Swedish channels on YouTube it would be of help. Thanks!
1 x

tiia
Blue Belt
Languages: German (N), English (?), Finnish (C1), Spanish (B2??), Swedish (B2)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?t=2374

Postby tiia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 pm

Sun wrote:Hello everybody ! I am new in this forum. I have been learning Swedish for a while, but I still have problems with listening and pronunciation. If you could suggest some Swedish channels on YouTube it would be of help. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

How have you been learning Swedish so far?
0 x
Corrections for entries written in Finnish, Spanish or Swedish are welcome.
Project 30+X: 25 / 30

Sun
Languages: English, French, Spanish and German.

Postby Sun » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:21 pm

tiia wrote:How have you been learning Swedish so far?

I’ve been using Assimil Le Suédois sans peine
0 x

brilliantyears
Green Belt
Languages: Dutch, English
Active: Japanese (JLPT N2~N1), Russian (B1)
Maintaining: German (?)
Low-key: Ainu, Mandarin (A2?)
Dropped: Arabic, Korean, French, Latin, classical Manchu, Norwegian, SLN
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=19020

Postby brilliantyears » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:19 am

Hi everyone :) I think I'm 'officially' joining you all for Norwegian :D I've only just started, so any recommendations for additional study materials and especially native content (movies, tv series, maybe even simple books/short stories?) are very welcome! I'm also slowly making my way back through this entire topic :)
1 x

Return to “Study Groups”