Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

An area with study groups for various languages. Group members help each other, share resources and experience. Study groups are permanent but the members rotate and change.
User avatar
Fortheo
Orange Belt
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:03 pm
Languages: English (N), French (?) Russian (beginner)
x 487

Re: Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

Postby Fortheo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:16 am

LesRonces wrote:I've been watching them too - all her videos are very easy to understand which makes me feel like my listening comprehension is good ! :lol:


Yeah, I've always liked her channel more than the popular alternatives like Français authentique and Français avec pierre because she seems genuinely interested in helping. Also, I just like the homely feeling in her videos—they feel more genuine than her competitor's videos.
1 x

User avatar
LesRonces
Green Belt
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 7:48 am
Languages: FR B1¾
x 503

Re: Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

Postby LesRonces » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Fortheo wrote:
LesRonces wrote:I've been watching them too - all her videos are very easy to understand which makes me feel like my listening comprehension is good ! :lol:


Yeah, I've always liked her channel more than the popular alternatives like Français authentique and Français avec pierre because she seems genuinely interested in helping. Also, I just like the homely feeling in her videos—they feel more genuine than her competitor's videos.

Pierre is painful to listen to, he talks so slowly that it makes me out of breath to listen to him. Those guys are selling packages, and fair play to them, but i don't believe their 'courses' are worth paying for.
2 x
[size=85] : 574 / 10000 Extensive Pages
: 40 / 200 Hours TV/Listening

From now on, I want you all to call me Loretta.

DaveBee
Blue Belt
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:49 pm
Location: UK
Languages: English (native). French (studying).
x 686

Re: Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

Postby DaveBee » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:10 pm

LesRonces wrote:I've been watching them too - all her videos are very easy to understand which makes me feel like my listening comprehension is good ! :lol:
I watched a few of those since the DELF post here. In one 5 tips to improve your french now tip #5 (8m41s into the video) is aimed at people learning french while living in France, she suggests volunteering with a charity, have you considered that at all?
1 x
FR films: 51 / 100, FR books: 26 / 100

User avatar
tomgosse
Brown Belt
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:29 am
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Languages: English (Native)
French (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185
x 1977
Contact:

Re: Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

Postby tomgosse » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:35 pm

LesRonces wrote:
Fortheo wrote:
LesRonces wrote:I've been watching them too - all her videos are very easy to understand which makes me feel like my listening comprehension is good ! :lol:


Yeah, I've always liked her channel more than the popular alternatives like Français authentique and Français avec pierre because she seems genuinely interested in helping. Also, I just like the homely feeling in her videos—they feel more genuine than her competitor's videos.

Pierre is painful to listen to, he talks so slowly that it makes me out of breath to listen to him. Those guys are selling packages, and fair play to them, but i don't believe their 'courses' are worth paying for.

I like listening to Learn French with Frencheezee. They are free. She is not selling any courses. She does plug Italki, but she offers a code for a discount on Italki.
1 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

User avatar
LesRonces
Green Belt
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 7:48 am
Languages: FR B1¾
x 503

Re: Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

Postby LesRonces » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:01 pm

DaveBee wrote:
LesRonces wrote:I've been watching them too - all her videos are very easy to understand which makes me feel like my listening comprehension is good ! :lol:
I watched a few of those since the DELF post here. In one 5 tips to improve your french now tip #5 (8m41s into the video) is aimed at people learning french while living in France, she suggests volunteering with a charity, have you considered that at all?

Volunteering is a great means to an end which can often result in a job...it's just getting round to it with all the other life stuff i have going on.

I'm at a point now where i think i could be receptively fluent in around 3-6 months if i was to just interact daily with someone.
3 x
[size=85] : 574 / 10000 Extensive Pages
: 40 / 200 Hours TV/Listening

From now on, I want you all to call me Loretta.

DaveBee
Blue Belt
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:49 pm
Location: UK
Languages: English (native). French (studying).
x 686

Re: Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

Postby DaveBee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:16 pm

The recent Open textbooks in french thread led me to the Directory of Open Access Books where I found Comprendre et apprendre dans l’interaction. Les séquences d’explication en classe de français langue seconde (ISBN: 9783034314510).

The first piece of usable advice in this is to summarise books/articles/TV shows you've just read/watched. (p.32)
Une étude de Swain (2000) montre que des apprenants du français L2 amenés à verbaliser leurs raison- nements ainsi qu’à expliquer avec leurs propres mots un texte qu’ils ont lu (qu’ils s’adressent à un tiers ou à eux-mêmes, en soliloquant) apprennent plus vite et mieux que des apprenants qui ne le font pas.

La verbalisation aide les apprenants à prendre conscience de leurs difficultés et de leurs besoins langagiers, ainsi qu’à réguler leurs propres apprentissages.
2 x
FR films: 51 / 100, FR books: 26 / 100

User avatar
tomgosse
Brown Belt
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:29 am
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Languages: English (Native)
French (A1)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1185
x 1977
Contact:

Re: Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

Postby tomgosse » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 pm

For those of you living in the Boston area, the French Cultural Centre is hiring.

The French Cultural Center in Boston is hiring!! Join their great team!!
They are looking for:
- a Director of Development
- a Development Officer
- a Membership Manager
- a Director of Marketing
- and a Language Instructor.
For details, visit:
Careers
1 x
Rejoignez notre groupe français ! Les Voyageurs

DaveBee
Blue Belt
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:49 pm
Location: UK
Languages: English (native). French (studying).
x 686

Re: Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

Postby DaveBee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:21 pm

tomgosse wrote:For those of you living in the Boston area, the French Cultural Centre is hiring.

The French Cultural Center in Boston is hiring!! Join their great team!!
They are looking for:
- a Director of Development
- a Development Officer
- a Membership Manager
- a Director of Marketing
- and a Language Instructor.
For details, visit:
Careers
I was looking at their website the other day, after Xenops said she was moving there. They have what looks to be a fun cookery class too :-)
3 x
FR films: 51 / 100, FR books: 26 / 100

User avatar
Xenops
Blue Belt
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:33 pm
Location: U.S.A.
Languages: English (N), French (A2), Japanese (rusty A2)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?p=48718#p48718
x 758
Contact:

Re: Le groupe français 2016 - 2017 Les Voyageurs

Postby Xenops » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:56 pm

DaveBee wrote:
tomgosse wrote:For those of you living in the Boston area, the French Cultural Centre is hiring.

The French Cultural Center in Boston is hiring!! Join their great team!!
They are looking for:
- a Director of Development
- a Development Officer
- a Membership Manager
- a Director of Marketing
- and a Language Instructor.
For details, visit:
Careers
I was looking at their website the other day, after Xenops said she was moving there. They have what looks to be a fun cookery class too :-)


I'm so excited to be moving over there. :mrgreen:
2 x
: 32 / 113 Assimil New French with Ease
: 7 / 52 French in Action


Check out my comic at: http://rosamondgrey.smackjeeves.com/


Return to “Study Groups”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest