Forum members' music performances

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Forum members' music performances

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:28 pm

[quote][/quote]
Last edited by Jar-Ptitsa on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
7 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

Josquin
Blue Belt
Languages: German (native); English (advanced fluency); French (basic fluency); Italian, Swedish, Russian, Irish (intermediate); Dutch, Icelandic, Japanese, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic (beginner); Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Sanskrit (reading only)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=737

Re: The visitors' music performances

Postby Josquin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:44 pm

What an interesting thread! Great idea, vogeltje! :)

I sometimes record myself when practising, so if I can find a recording I deem worthy enough, I might post an example of my singing here. But I'm a bit self-conscious, so I don't want to be the first one to post here. I'll wait at least for your and Jiwon's duo to make the lead. ;)
3 x
Oró, sé do bheatha abhaile! Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

Hank
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), Spanish (intermediate), Welsh (studying)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1833

Re: Forum members' music performances

Postby Hank » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:05 pm

What a fun idea. I'm an "underground internet musician" myself. I have been doing this for a few years. I hope this thread does well because I really like hearing music from people that make music just for fun.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13348564

Here's a song from my rock and roll persona Lounging McCoy. A lot of my songs that people like are a little off-color, so I probably shouldn't post one of them here. I don't play shows or anything, just bedroom recordings.

Grabo la música en mi cuarto. Escribo las canciónes y toco todos los instrumentos. Es muy divertido y emocionante. Gente de muchos países han escuchado a mi música. Creo que mi música ha sido escuchado en todos los continentes salvo Australia y Antártida. Hace unos años escribí una canción por un sitio de web en Massachusetts. ¡Ganó 25 dolares! No recuerdo el sitio. La canción fue terrible, pero la dueña la gusta mucho.

Dw i'n hoffi cerddoriaeth. (This is the best I can do in Welsh right now. :lol:)
10 x
Future travel plans:
2020: Cruise to Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos, Bahamas

Jiwon
Orange Belt
Languages: Korean (native)
English (secondary native)
German (C1)
Hindi (intermediate)

passable: Mandarin, Japanese

Postby Jiwon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:56 pm

vogeltje wrote:Hi

On this thread you can post some recordings of your perfromance of music. It can be on an instrument or singing.

Jiwon and I will play a duet and post it here soon. But you can post your recording whenever you like.

You must tell us about the performance in at least two languages.

EDIT: thanks serpent for the correction of the thread's title and I have editted must -> can.

I didn't really want to make it this public, but you can't undo what you've done. :) I have sung in choirs for more than 12 years, but I only picked up my instruments recently. So I am not yet completely confident in my skills, but I will try my best anyway.
The only drawback is that I have a Christmas concert with the choir on the 9th of December, and another concert with my concert band on the 23rd, so I am not sure whether I'll have enough time to practise extra pieces.

vogeltje, check your PM. I've just sent you a link with the sheet music that I just finished arranging.
4 x
कहाँ -
मेरा अधिवास कहाँ?

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:24 pm

[quote][/quote]
Last edited by Jar-Ptitsa on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.

Jiwon
Orange Belt
Languages: Korean (native)
English (secondary native)
German (C1)
Hindi (intermediate)

passable: Mandarin, Japanese

Postby Jiwon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:31 pm

vogeltje wrote:
Jiwon I'm very sorry if this has given you stress, I didn't want that for sure not :(

Don't worry, you haven't got to record your playing at all, of if you want, then when it's good for you.

I think that the viola is difficult becuase it's got a clef that nobody can read!!! :?

I won't post the sheet music that you sent. I don't know that music but I saw the video that you had linked.

It's ok. I don't mind trying this out. :)
I transcribe and mess around with music for the concert band all the time, so arranging a song doesn't stress me out at all.
The song I sent you is "I See the Light" from Tangled. It's a Disney's remake of Rapunzel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKPK6c0mKE0

PS I love the viola clef. It makes the most sense to me to put middle C in the middle of the staff. ;)
2 x
कहाँ -
मेरा अधिवास कहाँ?

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:35 pm

[quote][/quote]
Last edited by Jar-Ptitsa on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:42 pm

[quote][/quote]
1 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:07 pm

[quote][/quote]
0 x

Josquin
Blue Belt
Languages: German (native); English (advanced fluency); French (basic fluency); Italian, Swedish, Russian, Irish (intermediate); Dutch, Icelandic, Japanese, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic (beginner); Latin, Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew, Sanskrit (reading only)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=737

Postby Josquin » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:39 pm

vogeltje wrote:your singing is worhty enough for sure, and anyway I don't care at all about "worthy" you will hear how screechy my violin sounds, unforuanetly.

The problem isn't really my singing, the problem is the recording. I use most primitive technology, namely the audio recorder of my laptop, and I don't even have a pianist to accompany me. So, most of my recordings are pretty low quality and they're just me singing. I can never compete with what Hank posted! But I'll try to find a good recording or even make a new one of myself and post some of my singing here. I hope you like Schubert songs without accompaniment, because I'm singing the Winterreise right now... ;)
1 x
Oró, sé do bheatha abhaile! Anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

Return to “Travel and Culture”