This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
- Black Belt - 1st Dan
- Posts: 1760
- Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 pm
- Location: Denmark
- Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
- Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027
- x 3564
Blue moons are for everyone, but only once
- Blue Belt
- Posts: 869
- Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:33 pm
- Location: Boston
- Languages: English (N), French (A2), Japanese (rusty A2)
- Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=7472
- x 1503
I don't remember where I read it, but at least a couple of sources said that Victorian wedding dresses were light blue, as that was considered the feminine color. I think white wedding dresses started with a queen or a first lady?
Check out my comic at: http://rosamondgrey.smackjeeves.com/
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest