The German podcast Weird Crimes

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
Khayyam
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), German (strong receptive, weak active), Persian (novice), American sign language (novice)

The German podcast Weird Crimes

Postby Khayyam » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:31 am

Weird Crimes has become my favorite German podcast by far. I just finished catching up on all the episodes, and I've started again from the beginning. Are any of you familiar with it?

If not, here's the setup: two good friends who happen to have fantastic chemistry as a straight-man/clown comedy duo explore various bizarre crimes. The straight (wo)man does the research and presents the story; the clown listens to it and reacts. The clown likes to push the straight (wo)man's buttons; sometimes the latter will ask the former to guess a figure ("how many people do you think he killed?" "how much money do you think she stole?"), and the clown will throw out impossibly high numbers. It's obvious that the serious one's annoyance is 100% genuine, which is understandable considering that she does all the hard work and the clown is just along for the ride. The glaring unfairness makes it hilarious. You feel badly for the researcher, but you can't help but be glad the clown riles her because it's so entertaining.

The researcher has an aversion to feet, so the clown once surprised her by appearing at a live show dressed as a foot.
3 x
Das Leben ist ein langer, roter Fluss
Die Klinge ist mein Segelboot

Slowpoke
White Belt
Languages: English (N), French (C1), Korean (A2), German (beginner)

Re: The German podcast Weird Crimes

Postby Slowpoke » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:02 pm

Thanks for the recommendation! I can't wait to check it out when I'm stronger. I feel like that might be 500 hours of Easy German from now lol
1 x

Khayyam
Green Belt
Languages: English (N), German (strong receptive, weak active), Persian (novice), American sign language (novice)

Re: The German podcast Weird Crimes

Postby Khayyam » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:07 am

Also, the clown occasionally tries out her rather bad English (which is not as bad as my German) and then says "Ich bin native speaker." She milks this joke so hard that it shouldn't be funny anymore, but I always laugh hard anyway. I love this show so, so much.
0 x
Das Leben ist ein langer, roter Fluss
Die Klinge ist mein Segelboot

Return to “Travel and Culture”