The Polyglot Gathering in Berlin

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Re: The Polyglot Gathering in Berlin

Postby Iversen » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Brun Ugle wrote:I think so. You certainly could last year. And I think Iversen mentioned having registered without paying immediately.

You don't have to pay the same day as you make your registration, but you will be told at the time of the registration how many days you have to do it - I don't remember the precise length of the grace period. Besides there is a deadline if you want to avoid the fee for late applications. And you should accept to pay all transfer costs even if your netbank doesn't like the idea.

I can see that there right now (18. January) are 95 registrations, according to the homepage. I don't know where the limit is, but it is a fair assumption that there is room for several times that number at the venue.
2 x

daegga
Blue Belt
Languages: Bavarian (spoken), German
-- ≥ C1 passive --
English (IELTS 8.5)
Scandinavian (a: N>D>S)
-- along the way --
French, Italian
-- can read with dict --
Old Norse
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 15&t=17055

Postby daegga » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:09 pm

400-500 people according to the homepage.
3 x
jag nöjer mig med tystnad

moo

Postby moo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:08 pm

I'm thinking of going as my holiday plans have fallen through. It would be so cool to meet so many people interested in languages . I'm not sure yet but hopefully i'll get to meet some of you guys there :)
0 x

Return to “Travel and Culture”