Emergent Cases

This is a room for the discussion of travel plans or experiences and the culture of places you have visited or plan to visit.
jimmy
Green Belt
Languages: ...

Emergent Cases

Postby jimmy » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:43 pm

Hi,

assume please you have planned to go X region from Y region which is way far (intercontinental). So, you normally prepared your air ticket 6 month or more previously. But what will happen if you miss the return air ticket? what one should do in that case? (some other potential circamstances may also happen I think. For instance what would happen if hotel (accomodation) be problem?)

I expect solutional comments

Thanks
0 x
Self Taught - Autodidactic

anitarrc
Orange Belt
Languages: Moved around... English + German + Spanish + Dutch + French + Portuguese
used daily
Catalá Russian Serbian: struggling but improving. Bahasa..needs refreshment

Re: Emergent Cases

Postby anitarrc » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:04 pm

Buy your ticket when the destination isn't popular with tourists. I have "lost" the second half several times. So what. Just don't confirm.

Look for accomodation for a few days if you don't know the country, then find something cheaper. Never go somewhere if you have no idea where to stay for at least 2 nights.
1 x

jimmy
Green Belt

Postby jimmy » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:49 pm

anitarrc wrote:
Look for accomodation for a few days if you don't know the country, then find something cheaper. .

well ,I think (if I have undersrtood correctly), this idea may not work well, at least for me. Because , for instance I have such limitations: I cannot remain in tent, and I shall definitely hate cockroshes (won't want to see them in the location where I plan to remain)

though, I do not know whether this should mean that I have to remain in luxurious (starred) hotels.

0 x

anitarrc
Orange Belt
Languages: Moved around... English + German + Spanish + Dutch + French + Portuguese
used daily
Catalá Russian Serbian: struggling but improving. Bahasa..needs refreshment

Postby anitarrc » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:45 pm

jimmy wrote:
anitarrc wrote:

well ,I think (if I have undersrtood correctly), this idea may not work well, at least for me. Because , for instance I have such limitations: I cannot remain in tent, and I shall definitely hate cockroshes (won't want to see them in the location where I plan to remain)

though, I do not know whether this should mean that I have to remain in luxurious (starred) hotels.

I wasn't referring to tents, but to accomodation the locals would use. Frankly, I haven't come across cockroach infestations apart from some pretty rough places.
I am not mentioning the countries concerned as some might take this as feeding prejudice. But, yeah I found them in the US, too.
Found super clean 7 dollar accomodation in Nicaragua as well as Indonesia.

That is why I said take 2 nights a bit dearer on beforehand and then look for the cheaper, clean option.
0 x

jimmy
Green Belt

Postby jimmy » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:30 pm

anitarrc wrote:I wasn't referring to tents, but to accomodation the locals would use. Frankly, I haven't come across cockroach infestations apart from some pretty rough places.
I am not mentioning the countries concerned as some might take this as feeding prejudice. But, yeah I found them in the US, too.
Found super clean 7 dollar accomodation in Nicaragua as well as Indonesia.

That is why I said take 2 nights a bit dearer on beforehand and then look for the cheaper, clean option.

many thanks ,
as I realise, you have advised me first booking and after arrival and 2 nights, checking for cheaper and cleaner.
and may I ask also about a detail,
we (I personally) come across with some people who are willing to meet us.
even in forums like this one.
and then may I ask whether asking them whether they were suitable for accomodation ...would be good.
it seems to me or reminiscents me something like "unethic" , but as I observed such sample on one tripper's stories ,I asked though.

Thanks
0 x

Return to “Travel and Culture”